PDA

View Full Version : EX MIL- MYOB and I can buy my kids clothes all by myself thanks

catsnkid
12-27-2013, 05:40 PM
Background- Ex-MIL is competitive, jealous and a compulsive shopper. She is also snooty about used clothes. (she only buys new polyester stuff for DS at Walmart)
Okay, I will say her taste has improved *slightly*, but a lot of stuff is immediatly donated. I used to return stuff to get better quality, but ExH ratted me out and now she cuts tags. My son has a ridiculous amount of clothes. I try to put him in something she purchased when I know he will see her.
I purchased a very nice LLBean jacket for DS at goodwill. The only way you know it is used is that there is another name written inside on the school tag. My mom and I put some cute patches on it to personalize it (snoopy and an Apple).
I got harangued by Ex H as to where the jacket came from, and if I needed a jacket I should have told him so they could buy it. I found myself saying- I can purchase my son's clothes and dress him how I want thanks. (he has several jackets) This is also funny in light of the fact he has paid no child support for a year and still owes me $$.
I was also told that DS refused to say what my mother and Santa got him for Christmas. I asked him about it and he said "I just can't take her anymore.. all that yacking- so I said NOTHING". She is constantly trying to make it into a grandma competition and is jealous of the fact my mother lives closer.
Rant over.

Tondi G
12-27-2013, 09:10 PM
oh man ... what a pain in the a*s! I'm glad your DS declined to comment on what his other grandma bought him for Xmas! If they want to buy him a jacket FINE ... buy him a jacket! Your DS can decide which one he wants to wear .... if he likes his LLBean goodwill jacket then that's what he will wear!

wellyes
12-27-2013, 09:18 PM
He's paid no child support, owes you money and gets nasty about you buying used clothes? What a piece of work.

abh5e8
12-27-2013, 11:39 PM
yah that! (and i might consider taking out the school tag in the future, just because i'm like that.)

catsnkid
01-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Been busy- but yeah, he pays a whopping 33 dollars a week and owes me money.

lizzywednesday
01-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Been busy- but yeah, he pays a whopping 33 dollars a week and owes me money.

Sorry, I know this is the BP so advice is usually off-limits, but is wage garnishment an option?

Sorry, this is a sore subject for me. We had to resort to wage garnishment to get my mother to pay into child support at all.

Dad discovered Filene's Basement and worked JC Penney sales, including becoming a member of their bra & panty club, during the blackest days of the divorce and its aftermath, to keep my siblings and I clothed.

They get no say whatsoever and good for your DS for not feeding their "need to know."