PDA

View Full Version : ugh, morning sickness

tabegle
12-28-2013, 03:51 AM
I thought morning sickness was supposed to wane as you entered the 2nd trimester. I have been sick more times this pregnancy than I was total between my last two pregnancies!

I know I really don't have it bad (at all) compared to others, but I'm ready for this to be done. I get nauseous if I get hungry. So, I make sure to eat lots of small snacks, especially if I feel the hunger/nausea coming on. But, I'm over 12 weeks now. Shouldn't this be done?!

(okay sorry, this probably belonged in the bitching post)

mikala
12-28-2013, 04:04 AM
It totally varies by pregnancy. With ds1 I felt better around 13 weeks. With ds2 vomiting lasted until at least 20 weeks and my food aversions were much stronger too. Its a good thing he's cute :-p

Good luck! I hope it lifts soon!

Philly Mom
12-28-2013, 06:30 AM
With DD2, it was around 20 weeks or so. Sorry. Keep food in your bedside table and try the unisom b6 regime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

petesgirl
12-28-2013, 09:21 AM
I'm due in 2 months and still find that I get sick to my stomach if I don't eat every 2-3 hrs. It's not what I would call 'morning sickness' anymore, but that didn't go away for me until close to 20 weeks.
Hope you get feeling better soon!!

♥ms.pacman♥
12-28-2013, 10:32 AM
With DD2, it was around 20 weeks or so. Sorry. Keep food in your bedside table and try the unisom b6 regime.

:yeahthat: i had morning sickness up to 18 weeks with both kids, and it was worse the 2nd time around bc i was more tired and couldn't eat whenever i wanted, as i had a 8month old to nurse/feed. Eating little bit CONSTANTLY helped. i always had snacks (nuts, etc) in my purse and kept food by my bedside. i drank ICE COLD water (room temp water made me want to gag). when my DH had to travel i even kept a mini fridge in my room so i only had to walk a few steps to get cold water and other snacks. i had to force myself to let DS cry int eh mornings for a a minute or to to make sure i didn't get sick upon jumping out of bed and getting him. ah, good times, good times. :)

tabegle
12-28-2013, 08:47 PM
Thanks everyone. I know what I have isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, it's just so unexpected. It's all worth it in the end though. :)