PDA

View Full Version : Neverfull owners

theriviera
12-28-2013, 02:51 PM
DH got me a LV bag for Christmas but I returned it as I think it's pretty similar to what I already have yet not big enough for a diaper bag. I like the size of the neverfull but the lack of a zipper on tip concerns me. Also, it seems like things could get lost in there. So, if you own a Neverfull, some questions:

1. Do you feel like things fall out or someone could take something out of your purse?
2. How do you keep it organized inside?
3. What size do you have?
4. How have you used it?

Thank you!

mmsmom
12-28-2013, 05:29 PM
1. I don't worry about things falling out but I do worry about someone taking something out. I wouldn't use it on a subway in NYC for example.
2. I keep my cell phone in the one inside zippered pocket & the rest just thrown in.
3. Medium
4. I use it for casual daytime use sometimes but it really is too big for what I carry daily. I also like to use it for travel because I can put my regular purse inside it plus a tablet, wrap, magazines, etc. I never used it as a diaper bag but I know some do. You would definitely need some kind of insert to keep it organized. I would also be concerned about the shoulder straps: they can be uncomfortable when it gets too heavy.

Nooknookmom
12-29-2013, 05:07 AM
Used to have a large bucket and it always fell over and with no zipper I was afraid I would lose something. Or if I sat it down for a sec someone may stick their hand in. I could t stick it under the seat on airllanes without worrying too!

I prefer the zippered totes and the trusty Speedy line!

AJP
12-29-2013, 01:01 PM
While I prefer having a zipper, my 3 favorite bags have no zipper or "closure". Never had any problems with the neverfull, but 90% of the time my phone, wallet and keys were in the zippered pocket.

theriviera
12-29-2013, 01:47 PM
While I prefer having a zipper, my 3 favorite bags have no zipper or "closure". Never had any problems with the neverfull, but 90% of the time my phone, wallet and keys were in the zippered pocket.

What size do you have?

♥ms.pacman♥
12-29-2013, 02:15 PM
1) have had mine for about 4 years. it is one of my more well-used bags. i don't worry about theft that much bc of where i live..i never take public transportation, drive everywhere, mostly suburbs, etc. if i was taking subway in NYC or Boston often, i'd might worry about it then. i personally love the open top, can just toss things in and things are easier to find

2) i sometimes use a purse organizer that was custom-made. there's lots of them around..purse-to-go, etc. i preferred the square ones to fit rectangular base of Neverfull. but for example right now i dont' use one. i do use the damier mini pochette to put things like lipgloss etc and then i use vera bradley frannie to put wallet etc.

3) i have the MM (in Damier)

Also, i have a Neverfull base shaper....i think purchased on ebay. Wouldnt' use it without it..i am OCD about the bottom of bag sagging when there's stuff in it (I can't stand it, lol!:D). I think this helps keeps things organized too..without it things would just sag and things would get jumbled up more and would be harder to find.

theriviera
12-30-2013, 12:23 AM
I went back to the store today and tried a bunch of tote style purses on. I really wanted the Damier Azur but the NF straps didn't fit right on me. It was between the Totally MM and the Hampstead MM. Went with the hampstead. I love it!

AJP
12-30-2013, 02:20 PM
I Mine is the largest one. I used it for 5 yrs as a diaper bag. I didn't use an insert, but kept a diaper changing kit with everything contained and bottles always went into a bottle carrier bag. I had pacifiers, any meds, sanitizer etc in a little zippered pouch. That bag was well used and well worth the $ for me. The only thing that bugged me was the thin straps that tend to get painful if the bag is heavy. I never had tipping issues.
ETA: glad you love your new hampstead!!

♥ms.pacman♥
12-30-2013, 05:26 PM
I went back to the store today and tried a bunch of tote style purses on. I really wanted the Damier Azur but the NF straps didn't fit right on me. It was between the Totally MM and the Hampstead MM. Went with the hampstead. I love it!
that's great! I love the look of the Hampstead..very classic with the gold plaque.