PDA

View Full Version : DH Why do you never really listen to me?

OKKiddo
12-28-2013, 03:29 PM
DH we had this same kind of argument over and over again, the last time being just 4 days ago. It's like you only hear the first 5 words out of my mouth then start nodding and letting the rest go in one ear and out the other. I am tired of feeling like I'm speaking a foreign language and like I need a translator to talk to you! I am fed up with it and now YOU, DH get to go clean dog vomit out of carpet again! If you had listened to me the whole time you would have heard that the dog food we've been giving for weight management is NOT working because it's irritating the dog's stomach--causing him to vomit all the darn time so we need to STOP feeding it to them and use ONLY the gentler Herring and Salmon formula. Instead, all you heard was keep feeding them the weight management stuff. That is the TOTAL OPPOSITE of what I actually told you. Have lots of fun cleaning the downstairs carpet. And if you feel our cleaner isn't handling it well then YOU can sacrifice your fun stuff out of the budget to pay for the Profe$$ional Carpet Cleaner.

BunnyBee
12-28-2013, 04:28 PM
I sometimes ask mine to repeat it back to me, like I do with the kids. :p

elliput
12-28-2013, 05:16 PM
I feel ya. I told my DH what I thought were clear and concise instructions last night- move the hanging clothes you want to take with you to my closet, everything else put in the basket, and as he is folding a shirt he asks me what I want him to do with the empty hangers. :banghead: This is typical.

kara97210
12-28-2013, 06:41 PM
When my DH starts nodding, I know for sure he's stopped listening. That's his tell. "Yeah" and "sounds good" also means he has no idea what I just said. So annoying.

OKKiddo
12-29-2013, 02:02 AM
I feel ya. I told my DH what I thought were clear and concise instructions last night- move the hanging clothes you want to take with you to my closet, everything else put in the basket, and as he is folding a shirt he asks me what I want him to do with the empty hangers. :banghead: This is typical.

OMG! Yes, this!!! Clear, concise and still a total eff up on his part. It's moments like this that I want to video and show to a marriage counselor and just say "fix him!" I'm trying to remember Mark Gunghor's advice about the nothing box but also about telling asking them more than once. I think it's time to buy tickets to that workshop. ;)