PDA

View Full Version : NYE annoyance

Twoboos
12-30-2013, 03:11 PM
More of an annoyed eye-roll than a true b!tch.

We were invited to a NYE party at a neighbor's house. With kids, they'll be in the basement watching movies with adults upstairs.

Unfortunately, last night the hosts decided the party has a theme. Adults must come dressed as a famous couple. Really? UGH! I tried to suggest the theme was NYE so no costume needed, but the hosts didn't buy it.

Now I am trying to figure out what famous couple costume I can make only with items in our house, because I don't want to be running around trying to figure this out in 18 hours.

Annoying.

twowhat?
12-30-2013, 03:17 PM
Will and Kate? You don't even really need a funky hat...just dress nicely:)

crl
12-30-2013, 03:27 PM
That is beyond annoying. One of you wear all white, the other all black and you can be salt and pepper.

Catherine

Indianamom2
12-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Got anything that can make you Bonnie and Clyde? A bag (like a bank bag) full of play money and one of you with a toy gun? (I'm trying to think of things you might have around the house!)

Twoboos
12-30-2013, 03:35 PM
That is beyond annoying. One of you wear all white, the other all black and you can be salt and pepper.

Catherine

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about! I was googling and found a pic of the guy wearing a Jack Daniels tshirt and the girl wearing a Coca Cola tshirt. Done. Of course we don't have either, LOL!

I also found one with a woman dressed all in red with AUNT FLO across her chest, and her date was a box of tampons. Seriously. :47: :barf:

We are considering something like Lois & Clark (super easy, just need to put an S onto an undershirt for DH and he'd wear a suit), or Burt and Mary Poppins (more challenging but we could probably put it together).

Still annoying though.

elbenn
12-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Will and Kate? You don't even really need a funky hat...just dress nicely:)

I like this idea. Really any royal couple would do. If you feel chic, go as Will and Kate and if you feel frumpy go as the Queen and Prince Philip.

KpbS
12-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Pull out some tie dye t-shirts, flared jeans/pants, a vest? and some plastic beads to be Sonny and Cher.

Mr. and Mrs. Claus with santa hats and Christmas sweaters.

King and Queen of hearts--just need 4 sheets of poster board and some markers and string.

SnuggleBuggles
12-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Agree. Super annoying!!

specialp
12-30-2013, 03:47 PM
That is annoying. I'd probably be annoyed even if I had notice, but especially last minute. I love dressing up in costume ... for Halloween.

PZMommy
12-30-2013, 04:04 PM
I'd be annoyed too!! I hate wearing a costume, even on Halloween, so I'd probably skip out of the party. Good luck finding something that works!

BunnyBee
12-30-2013, 04:59 PM
I would cancel or ignore the costume request. I hate costumes, and last minute would push me over the edge.

SnuggleBuggles
12-30-2013, 05:02 PM
I would cancel or ignore the costume request. I hate costumes, and last minute would push me over the edge.

Yeah, I'd be inclined to say, "sorry. We just didn't have time to get anything together at the last minute." You might not be the only ones. Can you round up some other guests and get them to ditch the costumes too? :)

mommylamb
12-30-2013, 05:09 PM

You could be Posh and Becks. This is DS1 and his best friend dressed up as them.

anonomom
12-30-2013, 05:22 PM
I'd be annoyed too. Theme parties are much more fun in theory than in reality.

Twoboos
12-30-2013, 05:23 PM
I just thought of another one. Bond and a Bond girl. DH is a HUGE Bond fan, so this might work. Then I can wear a fun dress. ;)

Notice how all of our costume revolve around Dh in a suit?! Easiest costume for him, LOL.

SnuggleBuggles
12-30-2013, 05:25 PM
I like it! Glad you're more in the spirit than me. :)

crl
12-30-2013, 05:34 PM
I just thought of another one. Bond and a Bond girl. DH is a HUGE Bond fan, so this might work. Then I can wear a fun dress. ;)

Notice how all of our costume revolve around Dh in a suit?! Easiest costume for him, LOL.

good one!

Catherine

Twoboos
12-30-2013, 05:44 PM
So there are some problems with not going or convincing others to skip the costumes. Stupidly we already told DDs we were going, these are their friends from the bus so they'd totally know. And there are only like 6 couple going, and half of them egged the hosts on to do the costumes! So I think we're stuck but will come up with something.

It's still annoying though, LOL.

PS - LOVE Posh and Becks!! If only anyone would buy for a minute that it was me & DH, LOL!!

elizabethkott
12-30-2013, 05:50 PM
"Cereal Killers"?
Take empty boxes of cereal and tape them to yourselves with double stick tape - a knife in one, "bullet holes" in another, one in a noose...
I'd be really annoyed too... not at the costume request, but at the last-minute-ness...

TwinFoxes
12-30-2013, 06:14 PM

You could be Posh and Becks. This is DS1 and his best friend dressed up as them.

I like this one. :)

Honestly, I think it sounds kind of fun. Famous couple makes it easy. What were you going to wear? Tell us, I'm sure we can tell you how to make that into a couple's costume.