PDA

View Full Version : Bottles and parts in dishwasher?

thelilprincess
12-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Handwashed everything the first time around. But I think I want to use the dishwasher for bottles for baby #2. We always use heat dry on our dishes - will this ruin the bottles and parts? We've used born-free bpa-free bottles and medela pump parts so I am afraid of the heat dry warping them. But afraid if we don't airdry that the dishes will stay too wet and take forever to air dry.

Anyone here use the dishwasher for their bottles and parts?

Philly Mom
12-30-2013, 07:00 PM
I use my dishwasher normally and have never had any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

gymnbomb
12-31-2013, 10:33 AM
At the breastfeeding class I went to recently they recommended putting all of those things in the dishwasher and did not mention any restrictions on temperature/drying/etc.

Katigre
12-31-2013, 11:09 AM
Putting any plastic through high heating makes it break down faster, and bpa isn't the only chemical that is an issue in plastic stuff. Once the bottles get cloudy and your can't scrub them back to clear it means the plastic is degrading.

If you do use the dishwasher I'd skip the heat setting or else hand wash.

Sent from my Android phone using Swype

thelilprincess
12-31-2013, 11:46 AM
What about the dishwasher soap and rinse aid? I currently use cascade liquid and jet dry. I grew up hand washing everything so nust started using a dishwasher when we bought out house 4 years ago. So far this is the only stuff that has rinsed well from the few stuff I've tried. Should I stop using jet dry? What green detergents do you use?

crl
01-03-2014, 11:34 AM
I was concerned about plastic so I used first glass then stainless steel bottles for dd. I prefer to use the dishwasher because it get things cleaner/sanitizes. I didn't worry about the kind of detergent so I can't make any recommendations there as far as safety. I have been happy with the cleaning of the Eco tabs.

Catherine