PDA

View Full Version : Favorite LV Bag and Why?

LD92599
01-02-2014, 11:26 AM
I want an LV bag for a big birthday that's still a year + away :-) What is your favorite LV bag and why?

♥ms.pacman♥
01-02-2014, 11:45 AM
eeek, what a tough question... it is really hard to pick just one! :)

my favorite LV bags of all is probably my Rosewood, but it's vernis (in amarante color), so probably not what most people have in mind when they think of LV. but it was my first LV bag and one i tend to use the most as it's actually pretty versatile. it is definitely dressy enough for a night out. i guess i like it because it definitely has the structured "purse" look vs. a "bag", if that makes any sense.

For the more traditional canvas bags, my Totally MM and Neverfull MM get tons of use..can hold a lot, easy to just throw things in, etc. I like Tivoli PM as well. I'm obviously of no help. :)

The Speedy 30 seems to be a hugely popular choice for first LV. DH's aunt was asking me few years ago as she wanted to buy an LV bag for their 30 year anniv and she ended up going with a Speedy. She really wanted a shoulder bag though for travel so she ended up buying a strap for it. I actually don't own a Speedy, I guess bc i'm mostly a shoulder bag person. It is super cute and classic though.

Mikey0709
01-02-2014, 12:43 PM
I agree! I don't think i can pick just one.... otherwise I wouldn't use FASHIONPHILE so much to cash in old ones, so i can get a new one :) I've purchased ones I've loved the looks of (Damier Neverfull).... only to hate using them after a few weeks (Thought the handles were too stiff and uncomfortable). Right now I'm using a HUGE Monogram Delightful as my kid tote/diaper bag....and a Damier Bloomsbury as a purse because I NEED a crossbody bag, and a Bagnoles Horizontal for work everyday. I have had a Speedy, Alma, and several others that were just not the perfect bag. I ended up selling a odeon crossbody - - and wish i had it back again! The only thing that REALLY stood the test of time for me was my pouchette - - which goes in everything, has been repaired multiples times and still in hanging in there 10 year later.

I guess it's my expensive hobby....

hillview
01-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Totally PM (think it is the PM size?) -- perfect size! Use it most often.

ETA I also really love my Menilmontant PM. It fits a lot less (large wallet, phone, keys and sunglasses and that is ALL) but it is lovely and a great size for just the basics.

AnnieW625
01-02-2014, 02:37 PM
I don't own one, but if I were to buy one today I would buy an Alma in black Epi Leather or a Speedy 25 in the dark damier canvas. I used to want a speedy in the monogram canvas, but the LV knockoffs have ruined the traditional canvas for me. I just love the classic style of the bags and I love that they have a zipper. I need a zipper for my bags, it's a must for me, but I know plenty of people who love their neverfull style bags. Way back when in the late 90s I wanted a backpack before Kanye West made them popular (and now they are only sold as a man style backpack, not at all feminine IMHO). I think there is a lot of trial and error in handbags so if you have a bag that works for you now I would look for the LV equivalent of that. I acutally really regret not buying a monogrammed Speedy 25 when I was a recent college graduate in 1999, but at the time I thought spending $300 or so on a handbag that in my city in Nor Cal no one under the age of 40 carried was crazy, but now looking back I should have just bought it. Once those rainbow monogrammed bags came out a year or two later the under 40 LV trend started and I would have been completely normal, but it was those bags that started a long run of fakes and honestly ruined the classic monogram style for me.

TxCat
01-02-2014, 03:26 PM
I would recommend the Epi leather - I think they are very classic and elegant, whatever style you choose.

pinkmomagain
01-02-2014, 05:56 PM
I was just gifted an Epi Pont Neuf PM and I am excited to use it. It seems to have better organization than the larger totes, the leather seems durable, and the lack of monogram seems more understated. I won't get the coated canvas again since it has started cracking and LV says it's life has ended and cannot be repaired. I have a Vernis bag too and I do like the look of it.

mimi2008
01-08-2014, 02:16 AM
I want the W bag. love!

rlmomto5
01-08-2014, 12:54 PM
I want the W bag. love!

I love my Tivoli...I have the PM, because I don't like really large bags. I also have the Speedy, and while I love the look....it's so hard to find anything in that purse! Good luck deciding! I absolutely love LV!!!!!