PDA

View Full Version : So how does everyone like their Soma stuff?

AnnieW625
01-02-2014, 05:17 PM
I finally received my Soma panties (all embraceable lace thongs) on Saturday the 28th and I have worn a few pairs and I like them a lot, but I definitely wouldn't pay full price for them though, but they are a nice all alternative to the Hanky Panky style thong. I am a 12-14 with larger hips and right now the XLs fit fine (a little loose, but comfy and not snug) and on me they aren't as low rise as they looked on the model. If I loose about 5 more lbs I think the larges will be fine. I decided to keep the larges as well.

The push up embraceable bras I had to exchange because I couldn't get the band to close on the first or second hook. I had gotten a 36B. The 38B was even tight in that bra so I ended up getting the non push up bra of the embraceable line. Thankfully the embraceable line is still 2/$59. I hope I like the bras as much as the Wacoals I am wearing now (which of course Wacoal discontinued and or never puts on sale!).

My only gripe with the brand is that the sales associates at the South Coast Plaza store were less than helpful and I am not sure their stuff is the best deal unless it is on sale as I couldn't have seen myself paying $16 for the thong $8-$10 is usually my max), but hopefully with a yearly panty raid sale and a coupon I'll be happy.

truly scrumptious
01-02-2014, 06:51 PM
So far I love the panties I got - but I think that is in a great part because of the great price. I would definitely buy from them again if another similar deal came along. But at full price? Not really.

brittone2
01-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Yeah, no way they are 15/each in reality, but then again, that's pretty much true of all retail these days (does anyone buy unless places like Gap or BR discount 30 or 40% off?) but so far I'm happy. I haven't done much washing/rewearing so no idea on longevity. Today I had an email from them that if you bought several pairs at once the price was like 4.xx, which is still kind of comparable to target. At 2.xx each with FS, it was an easy decision. I bought all boy shorts (like those and am happy with them, no idea yet on longevity, how much they will pill, etc.) and one thong. Sized up on thong and that was a mistake. Too large. Boy shorts are comfy and cute for 2.xx.

specialp
01-02-2014, 08:54 PM
I love them. I wished I would have gone a size smaller on some styles. I have struggled to find some I liked since I can longer find my favorite type and these are it. I think the backside has more coverage than most I have tried.

jgenie
01-02-2014, 09:20 PM
I really like mine. I ordered boy shorts, thongs, and bikinis I think. I really like them all but wouldn't be buying them at $15 each. Hoping they have another sale soon.

iaam
01-02-2014, 11:17 PM
I love the undies! I got all size S, which was perfect (my regular size in most brands). I placed a second order a few days ago for pajamas and am eagerly waiting for it!

♥ms.pacman♥
01-02-2014, 11:50 PM
I love them. I wished I would have gone a size smaller on some styles.

:yeahthat: I absolutely love everything I ordered. I still cannot believe that for $40 -something bucks i got a dozen underwear, and its the nicest underwear i've ever owned (also very comfy). I will never be buying Victoria's Secret again (IMO it seems like VS undies all caused major ride-up, didn't have much coverage).

MommyAllison
01-03-2014, 12:19 AM
I love the sensuous hipsters! Everything else I ordered larges, and need to exchange for mediums, assuming that there is no return shipping fee for exchanges? Their site seems to say that returns are charged ship but exchanges are not.

I went ahead and placed a second order for more hipsters.

pastrygirl
01-03-2014, 11:52 AM
Love mine, too! I've always had to get granny-pant style undies to avoid ride-up, but not anymore! BUT, the lace on one pair has already started to fray. I had to cut off a long string.

barkley1
01-03-2014, 02:44 PM
I got the thongs and loved them. Until I got all red and irritated down there after I wore them (new, clean pair haha!) every day for a week or so. Previously I'd been wearing all cotton thongs, and these just have the cotton liner thingy. I have no idea if the panties are to blame but I think I'll just wear them occasionally until I figure it out. Too bad, bc they were SUPER comfy.

AnnieW625
01-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Barkley, which thongs did you get? I got the sensuous lace thong and have had no issues so far.

barkley1
01-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Barkley, which thongs did you get? I got the sensuous lace thong and have had no issues so far.

I think just the sensuous thong, no lace. Very basic.

nfowife
01-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Next deal I wll get the modern hipster with lace. I got the modern brief and like them but they are just a tad to high-waisted. And I'm someone who does not wear really low waisted jeans and pants but these are a bit retro IFYKWIM.... When I bend over the underwear show inches and inches in the rear if my shirt creeps up! I think the hipsters with about 2 inches lower rise would be perfect.

essnce629
01-05-2014, 06:21 PM
I LOVE them and they are the only underwear I've worn since I got my order! I ordered size small and only got the bikini styles (Sensuous and Sensuous Lace). I wished I would have placed two orders and definitely will order more if there's ever another great deal.

Even my friend who never wears underwear, told me she had hers on when I saw her yesterday!

So if anyone sees another awesome deal definitely let us know!!!!!

AnnieW625
01-06-2014, 04:29 PM
The Embrace bras I got are really comfy too and there is no extra cup space like I have with most bras because I am not a true B cup, but most A cups even in a 36 or 38 don't cover enough. I just wish they came in more colors.

The large panties are fine now too (once I got my AF this month!) but the XLs won't be huge even if they do accidentally go in the dryer!
http://m.soma.com/store/browse/product.jsp?maxRec=13&pageId=1&productId=570052350&viewAll=&prd=Embraceable+Demi+Average+Coverage+Bra&subCatId=&color=001&fromSearch=true&inSeam=&posId=2&catId=&cat=&onSale=&colorFamily=&maxPg=1&size=