PDA

View Full Version : What Color Boots with Navy skirt/leggngs?

StantonHyde
01-02-2014, 11:35 PM
I have a pair of lighter brown tall boots with buckles on the side but I would like to get some slightly more dressy riding boots to wear with navy skirts/tights/leggings. Would you get a mahogany (more red brown) or congac (deep, dark brown) or whiskey--basic brown???

I also have a navy/pink dress from Title 9 that in the catalog was paired with black tights and boots. But I can get away with that because it is a print and there is some black in the dress. I just think black tights with a solid navy skirt would look odd. And I am not sure I can wear navy tights and tall black boots???? Or can I???

SnuggleBuggles
01-02-2014, 11:39 PM
Cognac or whiskey.

SnuggleBuggles
01-02-2014, 11:40 PM
Oh and I wouldn't do navy tights and black boots. Navy tights, brown boots.

crl
01-02-2014, 11:49 PM
I actually think you can do navy and black together. I started a thread about that more generally once and got very mixed responses. I googled and looked at pictures and decided I am good with navy and black together.

But if you aren't good with that combo, I personally would do either cordovan (burgundy) or grey boots.

Catherine

ETA link--http://www.oprah.com/style/How-to-Wear-Blue-and-Black-Together

iaam
01-02-2014, 11:56 PM
Cognac. I do that and think it looks really great.

elizabethkott
01-03-2014, 12:03 AM
I'm personally always a fan of navy + grey. I think it looks very classy.
Otherwise, I usually go with brown.

twowhat?
01-03-2014, 12:07 AM
I just wore grey boots with navy ponte pants/leggings this weekend. I love the color combo, but my boots are casual moto-style...not sure I can picture which style of grey boots would go well with skirts.

I definitely don't think you could go wrong with a rich dark brown with or without reddish undertones. I'm also in the navy and black are good camp:)

SnuggleBuggles
01-03-2014, 12:09 AM
I'd have said gray too but it didn't sound like an option. My snow boots are gray so I wear them lots and like their versatility color wise.

StantonHyde
01-03-2014, 01:50 AM
Thanks for the various ideas. Have to think some more and hopefully find some boots at good prices with sales etc!