PDA

View Full Version : Athleta has 20% off of sale items again until 1/5

*newmomma*
01-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Use code "sale20"

They've added a few new items, I have this in the hooded version (and wear way too much!) and the cowl neck just went on sale: http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?vid=1&pid=918996022

Green_Tea
01-03-2014, 01:13 PM
Do they do price adjustments? I have an order on the way, and it's all sale stuff!

ccather
01-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Thank you!!!! I made my first Athleta purchase! It's one of the places I wanted to buy clothes at when I lost enough weight. Can't wait for my order!!!

ett
01-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Do they do price adjustments? I have an order on the way, and it's all sale stuff!

Yes, they do! I just called and got $20 back.

kboyle
01-03-2014, 03:22 PM
Use code "sale20"

They've added a few new items, I have this in the hooded version (and wear way too much!) and the cowl neck just went on sale: http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?vid=1&pid=918996022

awesome! I just ordered it, i love those athleta sweatshirts and cowl necks, but never get one when they are on sale, at $35 i jumped on it!

Green_Tea
01-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Awesome! Just got $19 back. A skirt and a top for $35!

brittone2
01-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Yeah, the strata skirt is really reasonable for anyone who might like that style. I bought two at a higher price and really like them. They are down to basically 20 each. I have charcoal and cherrywood and both are cute with tights and boots, etc.

Green_Tea
01-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Yeah, the strata skirt is really reasonable for anyone who might like that style. I bought two at a higher price and really like them. They are down to basically 20 each. I have charcoal and cherrywood and both are cute with tights and boots, etc.

Does the strata skirt tend to "stick" to tights and leggings? I love the look of a skirt with tights and boots, but have a hard time pulling it off because it seems like all my skirts (athleta and otherwise) stick to thicker legwear and look icky on me as a result. Maybe I need better tights?

brittone2
01-03-2014, 04:56 PM
I have only worn mine with these fleece lined footless tights I have. The outer material isn't shiny, but it is a little more slick in texture than some of my more textured tights. I guess the type of tights would affect it. I didn't have an issue, but maybe my tights were ones that just happened to work well.

mypa
01-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Thanks OP! I really liked the skirts I got during the last extra 20% sale. This time I ordered the strata skirts, bettona skirt/legging combo, and the cowl neck top from the link.

♥ms.pacman♥
01-03-2014, 07:24 PM
thank you for this. placed an order for Exhalation hoodie. i have been really wanting something to go to & from yoga class in this cold weather and this looked perfect. i also had $10 in rewards to use up to so i only paid $50-something for $98 jacket. Thanks!!

wifecat
01-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Thank you! I finally bought the Polartec pants I've been wanting!

georgiegirl
01-03-2014, 08:27 PM
thank you for this. placed an order for Exhalation hoodie. i have been really wanting something to go to & from yoga class in this cold weather and this looked perfect. i also had $10 in rewards to use up to so i only paid $50-something for $98 jacket. Thanks!!

I got that hoodie during the last sale and I love it.

acmom
01-03-2014, 09:59 PM

I would like to try this skirt, but not sure what size to order...how is the sizing/length? I am always debating between a XS and a S and petite vs. regular. I'm 5'2'' and usually wear a 2 pants but am a pear shape. Any advice? Thanks!

ett
01-03-2014, 10:08 PM
I would like to try this skirt, but not sure what size to order...how is the sizing/length? I am always debating between a XS and a S and petite vs. regular. I'm 5'2'' and usually wear a 2 pants but am a pear shape. Any advice? Thanks!

The length dimensions are in the item descriptions. I'm a size 0 or 2 in pants depending on brand and the XS fits me well. The S was too big in the waist.

kboyle
01-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Ugh, now I want to place another order for the strata skirt. I wish the petite was still available, I'm a 0-2 and I have xxs and xs in bottoms and both fit good, sm waist is huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

acmom
01-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Just ordered - got the strata skirt along with the exhalation hoodie and a few tops I had wanted to purchase during the last sale but forgot. Thanks for posting!

mikala
01-03-2014, 11:02 PM
This skirt is really cute too. I bought it jn black a few months ago. http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=50006&vid=1&pid=708526172

twowhat?
01-04-2014, 12:59 AM
Thank you!!! Needed that to bite the bullet on a couple of pants I wanted to try:)

♥ms.pacman♥
01-04-2014, 01:05 AM
I got that hoodie during the last sale and I love it.
oh that's great!! it seemed to get pretty great reviews so i'm very hopeful! :)

sandybean
01-04-2014, 01:09 AM
Bought the strata skirt in the cherrywood color, and that corduroy skirt posted above in black. Yay! Thanks, OP!

3isEnough
01-04-2014, 02:27 AM
Thanks OP and PPs for all the recs! I got the cowlneck and the Bettona skirt/legging combo. To make the deal even sweeter I redeemed some Discover cashback to buy Athleta GCs at a 10% discount and paid with those, and earned 10% Discover cashback on the purchase (similar to ebates). Woop woop!

crunchy
01-04-2014, 03:09 AM
Thanks! I had some rewards, so I got a couple skirts for only $21 total.

lchang25000
01-04-2014, 09:39 AM
Thanks! Got the exhalation hoodie, Sochi sweater dress, and the batwing and robin cowl neck sweater!

Avispa
01-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Thank you OP, this was an unexpected shopping spree! I got 2 strata skirt to try, two sochi sweater dresses and a few wool ankle tights... my wallet is not happy right now, but I don't expect everything to work and return a few things.

*newmomma*
01-04-2014, 06:06 PM
Darn you ladies! I had to place another order with two Strata skirts to try! ;-)

crl
01-04-2014, 06:29 PM
Thank you! Just got about $30 back on my last order (which hasn't even arrived yet). I looked through but nothing else tempted me enough to place another order. I do already have a strata skirt from a few years ago. It is cute and has held up well. I do usually wear a slip with it when I wear tights. Hope you all love yours!

Catherine

tarnator
01-05-2014, 01:26 AM
Just bought a whole bunch of stuff. Including the Stata skirt to try since so many of you like it!

I also 're-bought' my favorite swimsuit from last summer - it feels cheeky, but I will return it with the old receipt since I paid a LOT more last summer! :)

PAfirsttimemom
01-05-2014, 12:43 PM
For those who own the Strata, what do you think about the fit? I bought one in store when it was on sale (but not this marked down), and I am going to reorder or try to get a price adjustment. I went with the medium on this one even though I often buy small because I didn't want cling in the rear area. But I am a little worried that if I lose my holiday/winter 5 pounds that it might end up being too loose later. I'm typically a 4 or 6 on bottom with Athleta (4 fits snug, 6 more loose). Wondering what other people think of the sizing on this item.

Also, can anyone comment on the fit of the Bettona Classic and Jegging style pants? I received both of these in size small as a gift, and while they fit, they are pretty snug in the rear and thighs. I have the Boyfriend style in small and it is definitely a looser (but not too big) fit and comfy. My favorite pair of pants. Could wear them every day. I am wondering it I should size up to M in the Classic style to have a looser fit. Or is it supposed to be very body-hugging in the rear/thighs? Same question with the jegging. Ugh. I feel like I am between small and medium right now. Darn holiday parties. :-)

brittone2
01-05-2014, 12:48 PM
I'm a (vanity) 2/4 and wear xs or s in athleta or a 2 or 4 there. I bought the strata in a small and a small petite. I liked the small petite fit on me (usually I find the petite too short in a lot of the athleta skirts and skorts). I tend to carry any weight in my tummy and am more apple-y than pear. I don't have a particularly curvy bum. I did not try the xs for comparison, but was happy w/ the fit on the small.

georgiegirl
01-05-2014, 03:40 PM
The jeggings run on the smaller size. I think the classics are supposed to be fitted in the rear.
I bought S & M in the strata skirt and will return the one that doesn't fit as well.

nupe
01-05-2014, 04:50 PM
For those who own the Strata, what do you think about the fit? I bought one in store when it was on sale (but not this marked down), and I am going to reorder or try to get a price adjustment. I went with the medium on this one even though I often buy small because I didn't want cling in the rear area. But I am a little worried that if I lose my holiday/winter 5 pounds that it might end up being too loose later. I'm typically a 4 or 6 on bottom with Athleta (4 fits snug, 6 more loose). Wondering what other people think of the sizing on this item.

Also, can anyone comment on the fit of the Bettona Classic and Jegging style pants? I received both of these in size small as a gift, and while they fit, they are pretty snug in the rear and thighs. I have the Boyfriend style in small and it is definitely a looser (but not too big) fit and comfy. My favorite pair of pants. Could wear them every day. I am wondering it I should size up to M in the Classic style to have a looser fit. Or is it supposed to be very body-hugging in the rear/thighs? Same question with the jegging. Ugh. I feel like I am between small and medium right now. Darn holiday parties. :-)

For the first question, i say small! It is an a line skirt. Im usually a s in athleta bottoms.

I am hippy and could not do the bettona jegging.

baymom
01-05-2014, 05:04 PM

I've never tried on the Bettona jeggings, but wear a small in the Boyfriends (which feel roomy, b/c of the cut, I think) and a medium in the Classics. I think they are supposed to be fitted in the rear and thigh, but I felt more comfortable with it not quite that fitted. The mediums are looser in the waist, of course, but I think that they look better on me overall than the small. I do have proportionally larger thighs, though.

PAfirsttimemom
01-05-2014, 09:05 PM
I've never tried on the Bettona jeggings, but wear a small in the Boyfriends (which feel roomy, b/c of the cut, I think) and a medium in the Classics. I think they are supposed to be fitted in the rear and thigh, but I felt more comfortable with it not quite that fitted. The mediums are looser in the waist, of course, but I think that they look better on me overall than the small. I do have proportionally larger thighs, though.

Thanks for the input. Sounds like we have a similar build. I also bought the Fusion style recently in the store because they were on sale, and that style is more fitted so I went with a medium. I guess if I were wearing these pants for athletic pursuits exclusively, the tight fit might actually be better. But I think the Athleta pants are nice enough looking to wear for everyday use, and the extra room makes them a little more comfortable for that.

kboyle
01-09-2014, 05:54 PM
just got my batwing and robin cowl neck and am really shocked at how THIN the material is, it's described as techie sweat fabric and 'micro-brushed wicking interior' and it feels thinner than a t shirt...not sweater or pullover-like at all! i am very petite and it makes me look like i have a huge gut! i get that the hip area is form fitting and the rest is 'flowy' but i don't think i can keep this... which is a bummer since i really wanted to like it!

lchang25000
01-09-2014, 06:17 PM
just got my batwing and robin cowl neck and am really shocked at how THIN the material is, it's described as techie sweat fabric and 'micro-brushed wicking interior' and it feels thinner than a t shirt...not sweater or pullover-like at all! i am very petite and it makes me look like i have a huge gut! i get that the hip area is form fitting and the rest is 'flowy' but i don't think i can keep this... which is a bummer since i really wanted to like it!

Thanks for the review. Ugh, bummer that it's so thin. My orders should be coming soon. Hopefully it will still work since I'm 5'7"

♥ms.pacman♥
01-09-2014, 06:39 PM
i got my exhalation hoodie yesterday! it's really nice and feels very warm. definitely a keeper.

ett
01-09-2014, 07:19 PM

I got mine today and like it. I ordered 2 sizes but my regular size fits me well. I don't think the material is that thin. I didn't expect it to be sweatshirt material but I've seen other styles in the store previously so knew what kind of material to expect.

PAfirsttimemom
01-09-2014, 11:05 PM

I got mine today too. I actually like the fabric, but I am not sure about the fit. Seems very roomy and borderline sloppy on me. The thumbholes are huge, and if I push up the sleeves to wear the top without using the holes, they can't easily be hidden and look kind of silly. I'm thinking the next size down might be too small, though. I may try it on in the store to see. For $35 I will probably keep it because it seems cozy. The perfect kind of top for throwing on in cooler weather for hanging at home and errand running.