PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know Hallmark's post-holiday markdown schedule?

hellokitty
01-04-2014, 03:12 PM
I bought some of xmas paper last yr on clearance and I am now hooked! However, I was disappointed to go to our hallmark store yesterday to discover that the store is pretty much still full, b/c they had only marked their holiday items 40% off. Does anyone remember/watch their markdown schedule? Last yr, I just had dumb luck and bought stuff at 75% off, but there wasn't a lot left, so I don't know how long they had been at 75% off and I don't even remember what wk I went.

indigo99
01-04-2014, 04:33 PM
I'm not sure there is a schedule. Since they're individually owned, it may be up to the individual store. I know that I went to one store after Christmas last year that was marked down a lot more than the other store near me.

hellokitty
01-04-2014, 07:18 PM
I'm not sure there is a schedule. Since they're individually owned, it may be up to the individual store. I know that I went to one store after Christmas last year that was marked down a lot more than the other store near me.

I totally forgot about that. Thanks for pointing that out! There is another one across town, so I may try to check them out too.

pachelbel9
01-05-2014, 01:18 PM
I went to the King of Prussia Mall last night, and the Hallmark there was 75% off. Lots of stuff left. So, some stores have already gone 75% off.

hellokitty
01-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Thank you!

luli13
01-06-2014, 09:14 AM
I went yesterday and got 6 big rolls of wrapping paper (two rolls was the reversible kind) for $9. One roll was $7.99 full price. Come on! This is such a deal!
They had so much left over at my store at 75% off. I went last year the day after Christmas and things were pretty picked over but there was a ton on the shelves yesterday.

Seitvonzu
01-06-2014, 09:44 AM
this must be such a "YMMV"-- i ran out to our most local store last night and the whole thing was practically empty! it was depressing. i wandered around for about a minute and left (no wrapping paper at all) and only 50% off too.

JanBaby
01-06-2014, 10:50 AM
I know it's not as good a deal as hitting the paper at 75% off but before Christmas they do buy one get one for $1 and for the past few years they've done a $5 off $10 coupon. I ended up getting two rolls of the $7.99 paper and two of the $4.99 for about $12. If you just get the $4.99 paper you can get four rolls for around $7 with a good selection.

hellokitty
01-06-2014, 12:02 PM
I know it's not as good a deal as hitting the paper at 75% off but before Christmas they do buy one get one for $1 and for the past few years they've done a $5 off $10 coupon. I ended up getting two rolls of the $7.99 paper and two of the $4.99 for about $12. If you just get the $4.99 paper you can get four rolls for around $7 with a good selection.

Thanks, that's good info. Well, I never made it out to either hallmark, b/c snow storm ion has hit and we are under level one snow emergency and all 3 of my kids are home from school today too.

elbert
01-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Mix had a ton, but still at 50%...guess I didn't need to hit there on 12/26!

ett
01-06-2014, 06:46 PM
I passed the Hallmark at the mall today and the Christmas stuff was still only 40% off.

twinsmama
01-06-2014, 08:16 PM
I passed the Hallmark at the mall today and the Christmas stuff was still only 40% off.

same in mine in the lower Westchester, NY area.

PAfirsttimemom
01-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Hallmark in my area was 75% off today. I did not notice any wrapping paper, but I wonder if it was in a different section of the store. I was in front, where the ornaments were and didn't have time to go around the whole place. There were lots of ornaments and other items left. Will have to stop back in. FWIW, I found Hallmark paper on deep discount at CVS last year after the holidays and stocked up from there.

hellokitty
01-07-2014, 05:25 PM
Hallmark in my area was 75% off today. I did not notice any wrapping paper, but I wonder if it was in a different section of the store. I was in front, where the ornaments were and didn't have time to go around the whole place. There were lots of ornaments and other items left. Will have to stop back in. FWIW, I found Hallmark paper on deep discount at CVS last year after the holidays and stocked up from there.

Thanks, I am really crossing my fingers that the kids have school tomorrow and then I can run to these stores to check it out. I don't really need more wrapping paper, BUT it was so nice that I'd love to find more and donate the other paper that I have. So, hoping that maybe I can score some at the HM store or one of the drugstores that also carry HM stuff.

njk07
01-07-2014, 05:51 PM
The American Greetings store at our mall was 75% off. I got a nice Santa decor for $12. They also had a lot of Mothers Day, Fathers Day, and Thanksgiving PAPYRUS cards for $1. I stocked up on them because they were really nice.