PDA

View Full Version : How is Old Navy's Athletic Wear?

anonomom
01-04-2014, 04:52 PM
I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with Old Navy's athletic clothing (especially in plus sizes). How does the stuff run, fit-wise? Is it as wildly inconsistent as their regular clothing? Does it hold up reasonably well?

SnuggleBuggles
01-04-2014, 04:57 PM
I buy small or medium as I find it runs on the bigger side by a tad but, yes, it can be inconsistent. But, they hold up fine. Now, I never buy Lululemon or other high end brands so I am comparing low tier stuff to it. I usually wear C9 (Target) or Kirkland (Costco) or Old Navy. My work out pants from them have been great. I think I have had them in my rotation for 2 years now and no pilling or thinning. I just bought 3 new pairs yesterday for $30 total. So, even if they don't hold up forever, I am pleased with the price I paid.

Kindra178
01-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Love their tanks.

BabyBearsMom
01-04-2014, 06:11 PM
I have them and really like them. I have a lot of stuff in 1X and find them to be consistently sized. I work out 5 days a week and have 5 sets if work out clothes (so everything I have is worn and washed every week) and it is still in good shape 7 months later. I have the Capri yoga pants and sweat whisking shirts. I just had to buy some new stuff but not because it wore out, because it got too big after I dropped a size.

crl
01-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Glad to hear this, thanks for posting!

Catherine

brittone2
01-04-2014, 06:54 PM
I just got two jackets today, one full zip with thumbholes and a more substantial fabric (also more fitted). That was 20 bucks today. No idea how it will hold up. I also got a 1/4 zip jacket for 15, but that's a thinner material and labeled as semi-fitted. I was pleasantly surprised at the fabric on the full zip.

hellokitty
01-04-2014, 07:32 PM
I actually really like their athletic line. I got a really cute tank top this past summer for cheap, and it actually reminded me of athleta stuff. I do agree with the pp though who said that it runs larger. I made the mistake of buying a pr of yoga pants according to my normal size and they were pretty loose, so try stuff on in person or order two sizes and return the one that doesn't fit.

kara97210
01-04-2014, 10:08 PM
I like their athletic stuff too. It's more stylish and holds up better than a lot of other low cost athletic clothes (for example Target stuff i buy always shrinks up over a couple washings). I like their compression pants/leggings for working out. I originally saw than mentioned here.

ilfaith
01-04-2014, 10:33 PM
I am a big fan of Old Navy's athletic wear. I think it is great for the price. I can't speak to the fit on their plus sizes, but I think their clothes run pretty true to size. In fact I am about to return a few items I just ordered from Athleta because they don't fit or look as good as stuff I have from Old Navy.

TxCat
01-05-2014, 02:12 AM
The compression pants are awesome - love them! Run TTS or slightly large.

AnnieW625
01-05-2014, 02:31 AM
See I'll be the lone dissenter so far and say that I wasn't impressed with what I ordered last year and took it all back. I do have some hooded jackets from them that I have had for years before I remember them having a dedicated workout line (they are 6+ yrs. old) and I really like them, but last year I didn't like the stuff as much. I don't think I got the compression pants though, just the yoga pants, and the ribbed tank tops (which they had redesigned) and it all went back.

joules
01-06-2014, 05:50 PM
I got an email today saying it's 40% off all Old Navy Active wear.

I have a pair of compression capris that I like a lot. I also got a tank last year. I haven't worked out in them. I just wear them to pretend I work out. LOL. jk. I only wear them to go walking.

MMMommy
01-06-2014, 09:03 PM
I like Old Navy compressions capris. At the time I was shopping for new ones, I had purchased pricier ones from Athleta. I ended up liking the Old Navy ones much more, and they are much better priced!