PDA

View Full Version : Any other coat suggestions?

fivi2
01-04-2014, 09:58 PM
The Lands End coats I was looking at (Swing coat and Walker) are sold out in the colors I wanted. I might still go back to those, but the reviews with sizing complaints have me worried.

I need a coat for our mild winter. We may have a few days in the 30s, but we really don't get too cold. No pea coats. I am busty, so I don't really need something that calls attention to that (which is why I was leaning to the luxe wool walker at LE). Nothing too long - mid thigh or a little longer is fine.

Any ideas?

Kindra178
01-07-2014, 01:01 AM
Check out J Crew if you want wool. Pricey but lovely options. Bluefly or Zappos might have some basic wool choices. For sporty choices, love Lulu's polar parka, Title Nine's car coat or Patagonia's Better Sweater Coat.

crl
01-07-2014, 02:37 AM
Have you looked at Nordstrom? I got a new down coat from Nordstrom this year and love it! I think it is warmer than you are looking for, or I would link it for you. But I was pleasantly surprised with their online selection of coats in general.

Catherine

pastrygirl
01-07-2014, 09:39 AM
I sadly discovered that my Michael Kors down parka, while lovely and flattering, is not warm enough for 30 or below. Maybe that's an option for you? I found mine at TJMaxx, but they usually carry them at Macy's.

elbenn
01-07-2014, 10:25 AM
I agree with the J Crew suggestion. I have some J Crew coats and they are very nice. Garnet Hill has some nice options on sale right now. http://www.garnethill.com/sale-clearance/womens-fashion/coats-jackets/#w=*&af=cat3:clearance_womensfashion_coatsjackets cat2:clearance_womensfashion cat1:clearance

I love this coat, but it is only available in a couple of sizes: http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignature/llb/shop/79085?feat=785-GN1&page=southport-wool-coat&attrValue_0=Ebony Heather&productId=1310689&subrnd=1

Nooknookmom
01-08-2014, 04:13 AM
Have you looked at Nordstrom? I got a new down coat from Nordstrom this year and love it! I think it is warmer than you are looking for, or I would link it for you. But I was pleasantly surprised with their online selection of coats in general.

Catherine

Ditto got a great trench there a while back and a dreamy red wool coat (miss sixty super sale!!) BUT I returned it bc wool makes me itch. Oops.

Anyway last winter (cough - right winter lol) it was in the 30's at night and I walk our dog. So I found a great deal on an awesome snowboarding jacket. goes 1/2 way down my thigh, so warmer and no wind getting in. Thumb holes! Removable hood, water resistant, I LOVE it. It's red too :). Got it at sport chalet on clearance.

I forgot the brand - Canadian brand tho.

fivi2
01-08-2014, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! My old coat is in terrible shape, so I need to upgrade! I think I want wool. I will check out all of the options. My in-laws did give me a Dillards (department store - don't think it is national?) gift card, which I had forgotten about, so I might check there also...

zukeypur
01-08-2014, 10:51 AM
I just received my second lands end coat yesterday (quilted insulator parka) and am returning it too. If feels cheaply made and has a terrible fit in both the small and XS.

Dillard's might be pretty picked over at this point, as they had their huge 50%off clearance sale in New Year's Day. They do have 30% off clearance the last Thursday-Saturday of most months.

I've been looking for a coat for over a month. There is one from The North Face that I really love that is on sale now, so I might jump on that one. http://www.rei.com/product/858159/the-north-face-k-jacket-womens

I'm looking for one that is waterproof and warm, but not too warm. Our temps here are usually in the 40s-60s during winter.