PDA

View Full Version : When a deal is not a deal

athompson
01-06-2014, 12:44 PM
I had a $20 off Shutterfly New Year's cards code that expired Dec. 31. I quickly made a card December 30 in collage format; six pictures on the front, six pictures inside.
They arrived and they are lovely. We've been using them as thank you cards to grandmothers, great grandmothers, aunts and uncles.
I had two left and sat down to write them last night. As I carefully studied my loving children's photographs, I noticed one of the pictures on the inside of the card. My three children are sitting with big orange pumpkins in their laps and in the background. They have huge smiles on their faces. Sweet smiles. The only problem is that it appears that my six year old is flipping her nine year old sister the bird with her sweet little hands in her lap. I am mortified. And rolling on the floor with a mixture of laughter and tears at the same time. I don't even think she knows what flipping the bird is. Either way, this is just so fitting. She is like a reincarnation of George Carlin in six year old girl form. I really hope my relatives don't notice. I went ahead and shredded the last two cards.

BDKmom
01-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Ha ha! That's funny. I'm sure if it took that long for you to notice, others won't see it. And, if they do, you just gave them a New Year's funny.

Gotta love when stuff like that happens.

KLD313
01-06-2014, 01:07 PM
That's FUNNY and if I received that card I would laugh if I noticed. Lately my 16 mo old has been giving everyone the finger, no clue why.

Globetrotter
01-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Toooo funny!

BabbyO
01-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Oh...that is Too funny! I'm sure none of your family noticed if it took you that long to notice. Now if it were me, I'd find just that picture, make it larger and print it as a great birthday card for my Sister! :)

athompson
01-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Oh...that is Too funny! I'm sure none of your family noticed if it took you that long to notice. Now if it were me, I'd find just that picture, make it larger and print it as a great birthday card for my Sister! :)

BabbyO, I think we'd get along well:)

I hope you all are right about them not noticing. I'm hoping these cards go straight to the recycling bin.

sariana
01-06-2014, 04:26 PM
A couple of years ago DH had to use Photoshop to "correct" DS's picture with Santa! I know it was entirely unintentional on DS's part, but it was totally front and center and could not be cropped out. DH did a great job, though.

I agree with PPs--I would chuckle if I received such a card and happened to notice.

BabbyO
01-06-2014, 04:55 PM
BabbyO, I think we'd get along well:)

I hope you all are right about them not noticing. I'm hoping these cards go straight to the recycling bin.

I'd consider submitting that to one of the Hallmark contests.....my sister would laugh her a$$ off if she got a card like that...

athompson
01-06-2014, 10:20 PM
A couple of years ago DH had to use Photoshop to "correct" DS's picture with Santa! I know it was entirely unintentional on DS's part, but it was totally front and center and could not be cropped out. DH did a great job, though.

I agree with PPs--I would chuckle if I received such a card and happened to notice.

Good for your DH! Wish I would have noticed it so I could have corrected it. Those images are so tiny when you're creating cards etc. on Shutterfly:) I'll have to make sure to only create cards during daylight hours from now on.

athompson
01-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Ha ha! That's funny. I'm sure if it took that long for you to notice, others won't see it. And, if they do, you just gave them a New Year's funny.

Gotta love when stuff like that happens.

So true and now I have something to talk about at her wedding;)

athompson
01-06-2014, 10:22 PM
That's FUNNY and if I received that card I would laugh if I noticed. Lately my 16 mo old has been giving everyone the finger, no clue why.

Now that is funny. I'd love to see that:bighand:

crayonblue
01-07-2014, 12:22 AM
LOL. Love it! My mom bought a t-shirt at a garage sale for my little brother (maybe 4 years old?). It was a Peanuts shirt. He wore it all over the place, including to church. One day my mom noticed that Snoopy was flipping Charlie Brown off! LOL.

lalasmama
01-07-2014, 01:04 AM
:bag My ILs are terrible about flipping the bird. Enough now that we call it "The OurLastName's I Love You Hand Gesture". So, it was fitting when the first grandbaby flipped the bird hours after birth. ... And of course, he had this precious sleepy face, so it's the one I had to put on FB to announce his arrival (long after mom and dad had called everyone). Thankfully, the people who noticed cracked up!

athompson
01-07-2014, 09:23 AM
LOL. Love it! My mom bought a t-shirt at a garage sale for my little brother (maybe 4 years old?). It was a Peanuts shirt. He wore it all over the place, including to church. One day my mom noticed that Snoopy was flipping Charlie Brown off! LOL.
:hysterical:

athompson
01-07-2014, 09:25 AM
:bag My ILs are terrible about flipping the bird. Enough now that we call it "The OurLastName's I Love You Hand Gesture". So, it was fitting when the first grandbaby flipped the bird hours after birth. ... And of course, he had this precious sleepy face, so it's the one I had to put on FB to announce his arrival (long after mom and dad had called everyone). Thankfully, the people who noticed cracked up!
He/she will be giving you grief about that one for a long time:rotflmao:

gamma
01-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Shredded??????? I would have definitely kept one for the Baby Book!! What a laugh you will all have 20 years from now!!

athompson
01-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Shredded??????? I would have definitely kept one for the Baby Book!! What a laugh you will all have 20 years from now!!
I have a very fun aunt that I'm sure will notice and will do something silly with the card and send it back my way;)