PDA

View Full Version : ISO Large (9x12) area rug

JanBaby
01-06-2014, 01:48 PM
I'm at a complete loss as to where to look for a big area rug for our basement without spending a fortune (would like to stay under $500 if we can). Any recs? Overstock and Wayfair are overwhelming to me as they have so much out there. Joss & Main has a rug event that started today but I can't find much bigger than 8x10. I did find one I liked at West Elm but it's online only and can't be returned since it's on sale. Any idea? TIA!

ETA: this is the one I like http://www.westelm.com/products/lattice-dhurrie-rust-b951/?cm_src=E%3Arug-sale%7C%7CNoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-&catalogId=32&lineid=1. I like the Moroccan pattern. Not too sure about Dhurrie though.

Babymakes3
01-06-2014, 02:19 PM
I've purchased from RugsUSA.com before and was happy. They have high $ coupon codes often!

Avispa
01-06-2014, 02:43 PM
I've purchased from RugsUSA.com before and was happy. They have high $ coupon codes often!

same here. I just bought a bunch of rugs during Black Friday. They had a great selection at 70% off. I don't know if they have deals that great very often though.

mmommy
01-06-2014, 02:55 PM
We got FLOR for our family room about 8 months ago. I LOVE it. It cleans up so easily. DH spilled a full beer on it, DD1 spilled milk, and the dog threw up. It all cleaned out perfectly and it looks brand new. Lots of great patterns or solids to choose from. I can't stop recommending it.

daisyd
01-06-2014, 04:04 PM
How about Costco? I've seen some in Costco.com and the B&M store.

JanBaby
01-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the ideas! RugsUSA actually has a bunch for 70% off and free shipping - woo hoo! The FLOR idea is interesting too - I love that you can replace sections if you need to.

aahjed
01-06-2014, 05:09 PM
I've gotten rugs from RugsUSA and overstock that I really like. For both, once I restrict the search to wool rugs, it really narrows down the results and it's less overwhelming

essnce629
01-06-2014, 05:50 PM
I got a 9x12 rug for my bedroom from RugsUSA during their 70% off BF deal. LOVE it! Got a 8x10 for DS1's room as well.

We had the FLOR tiles in our living room and they did NOT work for us. I don't know if it has to do with having 2 crazy boys but they were constantly separating and coming apart with little gaps everywhere. We had them covering a 10x12 area. It drove me batty so I got rid of them and have had them stacked up in our garage for over a year!!!

willow33
01-06-2014, 06:36 PM
I bought a couple of new area rugs this past fall. One is from overstock.com and the other I bought off of ebay. I wanted a certain Ballard Designs rug and found the exact rug much cheaper on ebay. It came straight from India and it's perfect!

tropicalmom
01-06-2014, 10:49 PM
I had great success with wayfair earlier this year for a wool one which was on a daily deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

ILikeToSave
01-07-2014, 12:00 AM
Another happy RugsUSA buyer! I bought 2 very large indoor/outdoor rugs for durability with kids. One looks like it is made of silk. It is so soft & beautiful. The price was a steal.

Our other large rug from there is wool. I would buy more rugs from them in a heartbeat. The only negative is shipping isn't so quick, but I was not in a hurry, so it was fine.

WatchingThemGrow
01-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Yes, and the cust. service at RugsUSA is non-existent. I got this awesome trellis rug http://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/rugs/rugs-usa-trellis/slate/200ACR129A-4110711.html for $171 and it's an 8x10 I think.