PDA

View Full Version : Shirtdress and leggings?

twowhat?
01-07-2014, 02:27 PM
I just got this dress from BR. It's really cute...but it's SO short!! What do the fashionistas say about wearing a shirtdress and leggings? Is that "stylish" or is it too "momwear"? I was thinking of wearing it to our company holiday party (which is casual).

http://www3.assets-gap.com/webcontent/0007/149/989/cn7149989.jpg

hillview
01-07-2014, 03:01 PM
I do it with DVF wrap dresses which are very similar.

elektra
01-07-2014, 03:24 PM
I wear either tights or leggings with almost all of my dresses, at least the ones that hit above my knees (I think it's also fine to go without- I just hate my legs).
I would wear either black leggings and flats with the dress you posted (I think it's really cute) or tights and heels to dress it up.
I am also planning on wearing a wrap dress to my company party ( a plain cranberry colored one) with black tights and heels.

twowhat?
01-08-2014, 11:26 AM
I wear either tights or leggings with almost all of my dresses, at least the ones that hit above my knees (I think it's also fine to go without- I just hate my legs).
I would wear either black leggings and flats with the dress you posted (I think it's really cute) or tights and heels to dress it up.
I am also planning on wearing a wrap dress to my company party ( a plain cranberry colored one) with black tights and heels.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking - black leggings/black flats so now I feel better about the choice:)

BabyBearsMom
01-08-2014, 11:39 AM
I would definitely where that with opaque tights or leggings, it would look cute. I would go with flats or boots, but probably flats (dress is sweet and feminine, so flats might go better with it), but if it was cold some nice sleek boots would look cute.

Mommy_Mea
01-08-2014, 01:32 PM
I just saw someone in our cafeteria wearing a shirt dress with leggings and booties, and she looked super cute. Definitely a good look!

GaPeach_in_Ca
01-08-2014, 02:18 PM
I wore a shirt dress yesterday with thick black tights and booties. Very cute, IMO! :p