PDA

View Full Version : feeling cruddy for a friend/and cruddy about our friendship

lmh2402
01-07-2014, 09:37 PM
learned a few months ago of an old friend's health scare with her newborn. found out about it through a mutual friend as i've been sort of out of touch through mutual sort of breakdowns. thought all was in the clear, but now it seems like there might be some longer term issues - again relayed through mutual friend. and i just feel so crappy. crappy that this family is dealing with this and this little baby is dealing with this. crappy that we're not in touch and i can't easily reach out and talk about this with her b/c it has been conveyed that she doesn't really want to discuss with anyone. just crappy. all around crappy.

blah.

barkley1
01-07-2014, 10:28 PM
That sucks :( you obviously have a big heart for feeling so much empathy for them. I hope things start to look up for the baby and for your friendship.

Kestrel
01-07-2014, 11:42 PM
If you don't mind the suggestion, you might just contact them and say something like ... haven't seen you since baby, can I bring you a meal and come visit?.... and let her spill about the health concern if she wants to???