PDA

View Full Version : Question about Modcloth

cookiemonster80
01-10-2014, 11:57 AM
I've never really looked at them before now. I've got a few events coming up that I need dresses for and there are several on their site that may work. I really don't know much about them-
How's the quality?
Overall satisfaction?
customer service?
Return policy is confusing- on the home page it says free returns and exchanges, but in the details it says you have to pay shipping for returns- what's the deal?

Overall- is it worth it to try or not so much?

MelissaTC
01-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Bought a cute dress. Quality was ok. I didn't pay a lot for it so I thought it was fine for the price. Fit was exactly as described. I received lots of compliments and the dress met my needs. I received it in a reasonable amount of time. I wouldn't hesitate to order again but I would definitely follow reviews and measurements.

echoesofspring
01-10-2014, 05:41 PM
I was just reading about this earlier the week on another forum, from the responses it sounds like it depends on the designer, I have no ideas about returns:

http://ask.metafilter.com/254927/ModclothFilter-Can-I-find-quality-well-made-clothing-on-ModCloth

queenmama
01-10-2014, 06:48 PM
I think you get what you pay for. The things that are cheap ARE cheap. Definitely read the reviews (which I do on any site) because quality and fit can vary so wildly.

Lara

mjmamma
01-14-2014, 03:50 PM
I find it varies too but I would purchase from them. They sell brands of clothing but do not list the Designer. They have a boucle Coat that Nordstrom also carries but N lists it as Jessica Simpson, Mod doesn't. They do have fun clothing styles, non traditional types. If it's returnable, buy it. It is a legitimate, popular business. I have a fun red wool jacket from there and it is fine, not top of the line but it was inexpensive. It's gonna be hit or miss, reviews will be the way to go!