PDA

View Full Version : "I wasn't talking to you!"

lalasmama
01-14-2014, 12:57 AM
Yeah, that's what DD told me this evening. She was bouncing a ball in the house, in the entryway. I asked what she was doing (as in, "What is that noise? What are you doing?" Its a new ball, so I hadn't heard it on our floors before) and she replied she wasn't talking to me.

This was after her "I can have all the Capri Suns I want" and "You put a TON about dad on facebook, even though he doesn't like facebook!"... and then started crying when I pointed out both of those comments are false.

Girly is getting a bit big for her britches lately. She's almost 10, and while I have no doubt her period is still years away (no body hair), I have no doubt she will be a regular kind of girl, in the middle of the month, because she's already becoming moody and testy and otherwise unbearable around the 13th-15th of every month for the last 6-8 months. Heaven help us... 8+ more years of her like this before she moves out?!?!

MamaMolly
01-14-2014, 08:11 AM
Go all Marlon Brando on her. You talkin' to ME?!?!?!

lizzywednesday
01-14-2014, 10:39 AM
Go all Marlon Brando on her. You talkin' to ME?!?!?!

It's actually Robert DeNiro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e9CkhBb18E

egoldber
01-14-2014, 11:07 AM
Welcome to pre-teen hormones. They're great!!!! :p

Andddd it gets even better when they actually start having their period.

doberbrat
01-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Welcome to pre-teen hormones. They're great!!!! :p

Andddd it gets even better when they actually start having their period.

HEY!!! You're supposed to be offering SYMPATHY:rotflmao:(j/k)

OP, I'm totally with you. And dd1 just turned 8! all I can say is.... :29: and :54:

hellokitty
01-14-2014, 03:41 PM
FWIW, I don't think it's just girls who get moody like that. My almost 10 yr old already has teen agnst. He is a lot like one of my brother and I see that he is following exactly in the same pattern. I actually think that my two brothers were moodier than I was as a teenager.

niccig
01-14-2014, 07:28 PM
I was leaving to go to college and DS was melting down as couldn't find the shorts he wanted to wear to school today. I asked if he checked the dryer as washed his clothes last night, he said yes. I told him I had to leave and couldn't help look for it, so wear something else and I'll help him find them later today. He got upset and screamed at me to "just get out of the house." Before I had a chance to say something, and trust me, I had a lot to say, DH came flying into the room with "Never talk to your mother like that again." DH is normally mildly spoken, so don't think DS will forgot it anytime soon. I had to leave, so DH took care of the discipline. Oh, and the shorts, they were in the dryer.

YouAreTheFocus
01-14-2014, 08:08 PM
Wow, you got to age 10 before hearing that line? My 4 yo DS has been using it for at least a year now! :rolleyes: