PDA

View Full Version : ISO high fiber snacks for outings

trcy
01-15-2014, 06:08 AM
DD needs more fiber. What are some good high fiber snacks that can be tossed in a bag when we go out and I don't have to worry about refrigeration? TIA!

amom526
01-15-2014, 07:46 AM
Trader joes makes some granola bars that have lots of fiber- Ds1 loves them

candaceb
01-15-2014, 09:14 AM
Kashi bars have a good amount of fiber. DS likes the peanut butter and any of the ones with chocolate.

zukeypur
01-15-2014, 09:25 AM
Funny you should ask....last week DD3 and i went to Athleta to return an item. They always have a bowl of Luna Bars to snack on, ya know, because trying on clothes is hard work. I gave one to DD to appease her while I tried on everything in the store. They were Lara Bars with fiber (blueberry vanilla) and were quite good. As we were leaving she slipped on some water by the door and fell. The nice lady tried to make her feel better by giving her a snack. Of course, she wanted to eat it right away and I didn't want to make the sweet lady feel bad, so I let her. After all, how bad could a little more fiber be? Each bar had 7 grams of fiber. I looked at the bag of prunes when I got home, and that's equal to over 20 prunes. Needless to say, she had a very "productive" evening. I would definitely recommend Lara fiber if you're in need of some extra fiber in your diet.