PDA

View Full Version : Target Toy Clearance? Anyone??

Blakes Mommy
01-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Today is supposed to be the day for 70% off. I had pretty good luck last year on Thursday at a store farther from me...but, my 2 closer ones didn't mark down until Friday. I have to say it seems every year there is less and less inventory or great bargains. About 3 years ago I really cleaned up with a lot of high value items for not much. Remember the days of train tables for less than $20. that were $80. regular price?! Of course I got one of those! Even 2 years ago it was really good. I noticed last year there was less but, still okay. This year I am not as excited I have been keeping my eye out over the past couple weeks at a couple stores and the selection just doesn't seem that great. Normally I would be out shopping bright and early and I am still at home! From reading posts on All Things Target on Facebook it seems stores are all over the place for pricing across the country. Some cities are 70% and others are not. Even in the same city it depends on the store. Has anyone been out and if so did you find any great deals? I will probably venture out in a little while just because I am nosey!!! I will post back with info!!!

calebsmama03
01-16-2014, 12:17 PM
I'm not even going to make a special trip to Target this year for the toy clearance. All of what's on clearance at my stores is junk. Last year I was stalking the Our Generation cruiser bike waiting for 70% which sat at 30% clearance for 3 weeks, then sat at 50% for a month (!!) and never got marked down further at any of my stores when other people had long since been finding it at 70 and even 90%! After that experience I decided my days of stalking Target for 70% or more are done. If I'm going anyway I'll look (of course! lol) but no longer making special trips since it seems much more YMMV than in previous years and the pickings are much much slimmer anyway.

ang79
01-16-2014, 01:30 PM
I got one of those train tables, 3 years ago I think it was. $28 and it is still getting use, though now the girls use it for playmobile sets and dinosaur habitats :) I also got some nice train set pieces that year (a wooden crane that makes noise, some wooden trains). I've been watching the toy clearances at our two stores for the past few weeks and there wasn't much that I was interested in, so I don't think I'll venture out. Was at Target last night though and there were a lot of women's and girls clothes on 50% and 70% clearance. Might pick up some fleece shirts and sweaters for my girls for school next year but I need to take them with me, as they are getting pickier now about what they like to wear.

lovemydeals
01-16-2014, 02:12 PM
Honestly, this sale was ok.... Nothing to really write home about... I think the summer sale has more items.

I did manage to find these at 70% off: My Little Pony Equesteria 2 doll set for $8.xx, Barbie Mariposa (?) doll house for $14.xx, some little Melissa and Doug petite peel and sticker sticker sets $1.xx, holiday cabbage patch doll for $11.xx. I also found 1 lego galaxy squad for $9.xx at 50% off.

ckso
01-16-2014, 05:05 PM
I was at Target yesterday and it was only 30%

hellokitty
01-16-2014, 05:13 PM
Shoot, I forgot to post last night. Our Target (was there yesterday), had some toys at 70% off and some still at 50% off. I agree with others, that it's nowhere as awesome as it used to be, but there was still quite a lot of stuff. My kids are starting to age out of a lot of toys now, so I didn't feel the need to get that much. I got a few things for my 4 yr old, a few stocking stuffers (puzzles, travel games) for stocking stuffers/easter baskets, and the B-Damon stuff that my kids ARE interested in is still mostly (except for the marbles, that are 70% off), only at 50% off, but DS1's bday is next month, so I wanted to be sure to get some of it. They basically have a ton of stuff from the toddler to preschooler age groups.

Pennylane
01-16-2014, 06:01 PM
I went today. I don't find it as exciting as when my dc were younger ! I bought some cute Melissa and Doug Sand art kits for $2, packages of stickers that cling on windows for $3, lego star war set for $9, and a few other small items. I was surprised how much stuff was left at my store, mostly toddler toys though. Oh, there was a cute Frozen doll marked 50% that I wished I had someone to but for!

Ann

tigs4999
01-16-2014, 06:50 PM
I found the kidkraft elegant dollhouse with 10 pieces of furniture for $35 today which I was super excited about. My store also had the kid trax viper (power wheels type car) for $56. Most Things were 70% off even though not all were marked

sewarsh
01-16-2014, 07:21 PM
I'd love to get a good deal on some "Our Generation" stuff so if someone sees anything on sale, please let us know!

Blakes Mommy
01-16-2014, 07:55 PM
Well...I did go to my closest store for a quick trip and they had a lot of toys....things I never saw marked down previously. They must have been hiding in the back room when I was there last week. The only problem is they have about 1/2 marked 70% and the other 1/2 is still at 50%. Not sure if the 50% will go 70% tommorrow or next week. If a couple of the 50%'s go to 70% I would probably buy but nothing that I had to have at 50%.

I did get a few things today. I got 3 switch and go dinos $3.88, a Planes set (prop wash junction) mixed reviews for $5.98, some small games/puzzles for possible easter basket items, Hot wheels walkie talkies, and a Furreal Bouncy dog for $11.98. I usually spend way more, but, again this store only had part at 70%. Even when the other things go down I definately won't be spending as much as previous sales. As luck would have it looks like the other stores not too far from me marked all of their things to 70%. So mad because one store is usually better and the past two January's they have been marking on Friday. It figures!!! By the time I found out I didn't have time to go! I had planned on going to that one tommorrow since they always lag behind! I may check tommorrow in the morning when I drop DS2 off, probably all the things I would want will be gone! We have so many toys here and I even have a couple things stashed away from other sales so we are pretty set for things since we always get specific request closer to birthdays and christmas that I have to find deals for at the time. Good luck to all...

Pennylane
01-16-2014, 08:08 PM
I'd love to get a good deal on some "Our Generation" stuff so if someone sees anything on sale, please let us know!

I didn't see any of the OG items marked down at either of my locations.

Ann

Blakes Mommy
01-16-2014, 08:08 PM
I was at Target yesterday and it was only 30%

Sometimes stores go from 30% straight down to 70%. A few of the items I saw today were never marked on sale at all and today were 50 and 70. I always scan a few items I'm interested in since the tags can lie!! Also, I read somewhere that the big signs they put up can't say the lower pecrentage unless everything on the shelf is marked at the lower percentage. So sometimes you only have a few thing still sitting at 30 when others have been marked down much lower.

indigo99
01-17-2014, 12:36 AM
I was there soon after opening, and the employees were marking almost everything down to 70% off. A few things didn't go down more (like Star Wars figures), and they said that much of the 50% merchandise was last markdown and wouldn't be going lower. They were having trouble finding shelf space to separate the items that were still at 50% and were not putting up any paper signs so the previous comment about not being able to until the whole shelf is lower would make sense. I'm not sure what I'm keeping yet, but I got some wooden Thomas items, hotwheels wall tracks, hello kitty, switch and go dino, jake and the pirates, Disney planes, Disney cars, and a walking/barking dog that DS2 has loved in the store.

ckso
01-17-2014, 01:30 AM
Went tonight and it was still 30%, some 50%. Nothing interesting :(

Mommy2Abby
01-17-2014, 08:12 AM
I went yesterday to my Target, and there was a bunch of stuff marked down to 70% - mostly holiday barbies, some remote controlled dogs, Winx dolls, some sticker arts sets, bags you can color on, etc... but nothing too exciting IMO.

While I was there, I saw 2 people with carts completely filled up (to the point of stuff precariously balancing on top) with a bunch of the marked down toys - I was really curious what they are doing with all of them! :-) Much more than the usual birthday closet stock up!

anonomom
01-17-2014, 10:13 AM
I went to two targets this week; neither had very much marked down. I did get a small Captain Hook stuffie for DS for $2.xx and LaLaLoopsy Miniatures for $3.xx. But definitely nothing for stocking a gift closet, as many of the toys were bigger to begin with (a 4-barbie set marked down to $20, for instance.)

ckso
01-17-2014, 10:49 AM
While I was there, I saw 2 people with carts completely filled up (to the point of stuff precariously balancing on top) with a bunch of the marked down toys - I was really curious what they are doing with all of them! :-) Much more than the usual birthday closet stock up!

I went to kids consignment sale a few months ago (the kind that you can consign yourself not a consignment store) and there was a moving truck outside and they were loading it up with all sorts of things..beds, riding toys, etc.

I asked one of the guys whether 1 person is buying all these and he said someone bought it and is sending it oversees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

IansMom
01-17-2014, 12:07 PM
I went this morning and my SuperTarget had lots of stuff marked 50-70% off. I was really surprised because the past few years I have gone, there was very little imo. I have never seen so many "boy" toys on clearance--lots of superhero stuff including the Spiderman playset, Imaginext ninja small sets, Vtech dinosaurs, Worx vehicles, Planes playsets and SpyGear. The FP Corvette was marked 50% to $125. My store had two when I left.

KpbS
01-17-2014, 03:56 PM
My store had squinkies, monsters inc. toys, superman toys, some angry birds stuff, and holiday barbies.

hellokitty
01-17-2014, 04:38 PM
Collegiate stuff is also on clearance! Clothing is 50% off, but other random gear (including baseball caps) are 70% off. I got two for DH!

Blakes Mommy
01-18-2014, 11:28 AM
I went to a different Target yesterday and got a few more things, This store had more variety. A couple things are going back after reading reviews. I had to keep telling myself not to just get something just because they are so marked down! My best deals were:

2 Hex bug starter sets for $3.28 (different color) http://www.amazon.com/Innovation-First-Labs-Inc-477-1439/dp/B0033Z0QO4

Hot wheels car maker for $14.98 http://www.target.com/p/hot-wheels-car-maker-playset/-/A-14545981

Planes Dusty wing control $11.98 http://www.toysrus.com/buy/favorite-characters/disney-planes-wing-control-dusty-crophopper-radio-control-plane-y3154-19346486

Coleman Led flashlights in gift box with batteries $2.98 http://www.coleman.com/product/ct2-aluminum-flashlight/2000009450?contextCategory=1110#.UtqdFiwo7IU

Other items were a couple wall tracks, apples to apples in a travel can, uno dice game in a can, a couple cars etc...

Kymberley
01-18-2014, 12:03 PM
I went to a different Target yesterday and got a few more things, This store had more variety. A couple things are going back after reading reviews. I had to keep telling myself not to just get something just because they are so marked down! My best deals were:

2 Hex bug starter sets for $3.28 (different color) http://www.amazon.com/Innovation-First-Labs-Inc-477-1439/dp/B0033Z0QO4

Hot wheels car maker for $14.98 http://www.target.com/p/hot-wheels-car-maker-playset/-/A-14545981

Planes Dusty wing control $11.98 http://www.toysrus.com/buy/favorite-characters/disney-planes-wing-control-dusty-crophopper-radio-control-plane-y3154-19346486

Coleman Led flashlights in gift box with batteries $2.98 http://www.coleman.com/product/ct2-aluminum-flashlight/2000009450?contextCategory=1110#.UtqdFiwo7IU

Other items were a couple wall tracks, apples to apples in a travel can, uno dice game in a can, a couple cars etc...

You got some great deals! I'm just a little jealous. ;)

indigo99
01-18-2014, 03:09 PM
I got a RC Dusty plane too, but I'm deciding whether I should return it. DS2 would really like it, but he won't be ready to use it for a while. Mine is the fancy one (http://www.amazon.com/Planes-U-Command-Remote-Controlled-Dusty/dp/B00BSWRCMS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1390072027&sr=8-2&keywords=planes+remote+control+dusty) with lots of buttons. It has great reviews on amazon, but how far in advance do you buy things for kids?

Kymberley
01-18-2014, 04:17 PM
I got a RC Dusty plane too, but I'm deciding whether I should return it. DS2 would really like it, but he won't be ready to use it for a while. Mine is the fancy one (http://www.amazon.com/Planes-U-Command-Remote-Controlled-Dusty/dp/B00BSWRCMS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1390072027&sr=8-2&keywords=planes+remote+control+dusty) with lots of buttons. It has great reviews on amazon, but how far in advance do you buy things for kids?

If you got a good deal, I'd hang on to it for up to 2 years. Yes, I actually do this! Would your DS enjoy it for his birthday? Our DS's are the same age, and I know my son would really enjoy that.

pahahn
01-18-2014, 09:13 PM
Went yesterday morning and ended up getting pretty lucky...got a TON for my usual donation for Toys for Tots (mostly at 70% off) spent $100 and got so much for both boys and girls :). Went back today and things were very picked over.

calebsmama03
01-18-2014, 09:15 PM
I was there soon after opening, and the employees were marking almost everything down to 70% off. A few things didn't go down more (like Star Wars figures), and they said that much of the 50% merchandise was last markdown and wouldn't be going lower. They were having trouble finding shelf space to separate the items that were still at 50% and were not putting up any paper signs so the previous comment about not being able to until the whole shelf is lower would make sense. I'm not sure what I'm keeping yet, but I got some wooden Thomas items, hotwheels wall tracks, hello kitty, switch and go dino, jake and the pirates, Disney planes, Disney cars, and a walking/barking dog that DS2 has loved in the store.
What wooden Thomas stuff was marked down? My store hasn't had much Thomas since before Xmas and none was on clearance last I was there.

indigo99
01-18-2014, 09:40 PM
What wooden Thomas stuff was marked down? My store hasn't had much Thomas since before Xmas and none was on clearance last I was there.

I got the pirate ship (bridge) figure eight set. It has track with it and was a good deal, but it's one thing I'm debating on returning. We don't actually NEED more Thomas although I think I could resell it for about what I paid later. I'm sure any other wooden Thomas is probably gone by now unless you find some next week that is newly marked down. I was pretty surprised to see it honestly, but I was one of the first people in the aisle Thursday morning.

I just feel like I need to return some things because I'm not supposed to be spending much this month, but I can't figure out what should go back since it was all such good deals. I got some Jake stuff even though my boys don't know who he is. I thought they might start watching the cartoon this year or might use it for gifts though.