PDA

View Full Version : When/where to buy tickets? Leaving this weekend!

melwe
01-16-2014, 07:02 PM
We're leaving for our first trip to Disney with the kids on Saturday. We are staying off-site and was planning on buying our tickets when we get there the first day. However, I managed to get a reservation for breakfast at Akershus for 8am on Sunday morning. DD will be very excited- she is still into princesses.

So will we still be able to get our tickets that morning? The reservation is before the park officially opens, so I would guess the ticket windows open earlier? I can't seem to find when tickets are available for purchase on the website. (Can I mention how much I dislike the Disney website?) Is purchasing online an option or should I try to purchase Saturday afternoon after we arrive?

Thanks!

TwinFoxes
01-16-2014, 07:23 PM
I would definitely not wait until the morning of. Does your Disney Store sell them? If not, your hotel might sell them, or you can go to an on property hotel (maybe dinner?) or get them at Downtown Disney Saturday evening. Do you have AAA? Some sell WDW tix.

egoldber
01-16-2014, 09:25 PM
Yes, you will be able to buy them that morning. I wouldn't worry about it.

TwinFoxes
01-16-2014, 09:55 PM
Yes, you will be able to buy them that morning. I wouldn't worry about it.

You are someone who doesn't run late aren't you? ;) I don't arrive late for things, but I'm definitely a skin if my teeth person. Hence my advice...if there's a line at the ticket window I'm screwed!

egoldber
01-16-2014, 10:20 PM
Ha ha. No I don't run late. :)

But I've had the 8:00 breakfast many times and I have never seen a line at the window.

melwe
01-16-2014, 11:42 PM
Thanks so much! If we are feeling adventurous we'll get them the day before. If not, we'll just allow a little extra time. I do not have early morning risers, so running late may be an issue. However, DD is the worse but she will be so excited that she will have a little motivation!

egoldber
01-17-2014, 10:08 AM
If you're worried, I would buy the tickets ahead of time at the Guest Services location in Downtown Disney.

Also, Akershus is in the World Showcase, so the back of Epcot. It is a non-trivial walk to get there from the front of park, easily 15 minutes with no dawdling. I would plan to be parking between 7:15 and 7:30.

I don't think that AAA sells single day tickets. I think their minimum is 3 days.

wendibird22
01-17-2014, 11:31 AM
And if you have any interest at all in seeing Elsa and Anna you'll want to get in line the minute your breakfast is over with even though the characters don't start greeting until 11am (at least that was the start time the day we went). We were at Epcot a few weeks ago and the line for these two was 4 HR LONG!! Yes you read that right. 4hrs to get a person's autograph. The CM guiding the line said that the shortest the wait gets for them is 2.5hr. The people were camped out on blankets waiting for them to arrive.

TwinFoxes
01-17-2014, 12:46 PM
I don't think that AAA sells single day tickets. I think their minimum is 3 days.

Oops, missed that it was a one day visit. I think you're right, 3 is the minimum.

SnuggleBuggles
01-17-2014, 03:23 PM
And if you have any interest at all in seeing Elsa and Anna you'll want to get in line the minute your breakfast is over with even though the characters don't start greeting until 11am (at least that was the start time the day we went). We were at Epcot a few weeks ago and the line for these two was 4 HR LONG!! Yes you read that right. 4hrs to get a person's autograph. The CM guiding the line said that the shortest the wait gets for them is 2.5hr. The people were camped out on blankets waiting for them to arrive.

Why I have never suggested collecting autographs at Disney. Wow. 4 hours!

TwinFoxes
01-17-2014, 06:52 PM
Why I have never suggested collecting autographs at Disney. Wow. 4 hours!

That is HIGHLY unusual. Most characters are nowhere near that long.

Still, wow, it was a great movie and all, but there is no way I'd wait 4 hours!

wendibird22
01-17-2014, 07:31 PM
And what makes it worse is that Norway isn't a very big space so you have a line for the restaurant, the Viking ride, and the characters all in one congested area. At first I couldn't even figure out what was what. Oh and you see what you think is the end of a line only to find out that the stop it at the end of the building and then start it up again at the backside of the building and heading back in the direction of Mexico. Thankfully they are inside a building so the kids can't see them and beg to get in line.

melwe
01-18-2014, 01:05 AM

WOW! DD is practically obsessed with Frozen. On EasyWDW, he basically says plan to spend 2 hrs in line. Not sure how we are going to manage this one.

melwe
01-18-2014, 09:32 PM
So we are here! I didn't even realize it but our hotel sells Disney tickets. Problem solved! We bought our pass and are ready to go for tomorrow.

KrisM
01-18-2014, 11:22 PM
So we are here! I didn't even realize it but our hotel sells Disney tickets. Problem solved! We bought our pass and are ready to go for tomorrow.

Have fun!