PDA

View Full Version : Inducing before due date

flashy09
01-17-2014, 02:27 PM
I learned so much from this board two years ago about inducing when my DD was overdue. I put everyone off long as I could and luckily went into labor the day of my induction. It was a somewhat hard birth - baby was posterior and did not want to come under the pelvic bone (I tried all sorts of positions) and made no progress for quite a while and I had a big (unserious, I guess connective tissue?) bleed about one hour in. The nurse kept mentioning a c section, but finally after 2.5 hrs I got her down enough to be vacuumed out. She came out screaming and pink, had 9 Apgars, and weighed 7 lbs, 12 oz.

I had a scan with this baby at 38 and 2. My bump is measuring way bigger and the baby's weight is estimated to be 7.12 already. She is posterior as well. My doctor thinks the best chance of having her naturally (vaginally) is to induce at 39 weeks (probably 39 and a few days). While I am scared this baby is bigger, posterior and going to get stuck (DD also has broad shoulders although don't think they were a problem), I know I did get the first one out and am sure everything is stretched out- my hip bones look about 2 inches wider just to my naked eye.

Is a few days until my due date going to make a difference? What about if she goes over 40 weeks so it's more like a week difference? How much bigger will she get between the scan and 40 weeks? Should I pass up the 39/2 induction and wait for 40 weeks? Or not induce at all? My dates are definitely correct.

My cervix is far more favorable this time around, 2 cm and 60 -70% effaced. I have a lot of fluid (19 AFI) and am not sure if that's from the big baby or just my body.

I know ultrasounds can be a pound off at this stage, but it was pretty accurate for my last baby.

Not sure if this matters, but I am 5'3 and 98 lbs not pregnant. Come from a very small boned family that has 5 -6 lb babies so although I know 7.12 at 38 weeks is not unusual, it sounds enormous to me.

I also know all the risks of induction and am frozen with indecision. Normally I know you don't induce for a big baby and this baby isn't even that big, but not sure if my situation makes things different or not. My Dr seems to think so.

Philly Mom
01-17-2014, 02:50 PM
I was in the same situation two months ago and chose to be induced at 39 weeks, 2 days. I do not regret it at all. DD2 was 8lbs 4 oz. My neighbor was not induced and had a c because the baby got to big even though she already had a vaginal birth. I was never concerned during delivery, just very uncomfortable :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flashy09
01-17-2014, 03:14 PM
I was in the same situation two months ago and chose to be induced at 39 weeks, 2 days. I do not regret it at all. DD2 was 8lbs 4 oz. My neighbor was not induced and had a c because the baby got to big even though she already had a vaginal birth. I was never concerned during delivery, just very uncomfortable :).

Thanks so much! Did you have a scan in the final weeks? Was it accurate? What was your cervix like on the day on induction? Sorry so many questions.

Philly Mom
01-17-2014, 03:17 PM
Thanks so much! Did you have a scan in the final weeks? Was it accurate? What was your cervix like on the day on induction? Sorry so many questions.

I had a scan at 36 weeks and she measured 7lbs so I think it was accurate. My stomach was measuring big the last few weeks too. I was 3cm when I checked into the hospital.

SnuggleBuggles
01-17-2014, 03:18 PM
My ds2 was estimated at 9lbs when I was 41w+. We just talked about good positioning during labor vs intervening. His birth was so easy, as is more common for second babies. Because this isn't your first, I don't know if I would be really worried that it'll be trouble. Good luck with the choice though!

mommylamb
01-17-2014, 03:22 PM
I have to say that I don't trust those scans at all. I had GD with DS2 and so I was getting growth scans frequently, even though I hadn't gained a lot of weight (thanks to the GD diet). At 38 weeks, the doctors at the high risk clinic estimated him to be at 7lbs 2 oz. And I asked her how accurate they are because I had only gained 14 lbs at that point. She insisted they were pretty accurate. Well, I ended up going full term and they induced me on my due date. 5lbs 11oz. He was a little bitty one, and much smaller at 40 weeks than they had suggested he would be at 38. I don't think my care was bad at all. But I do think the scans are often very inaccurate.

flashy09
01-17-2014, 03:33 PM
I really am not pro inducing for just a big baby, but do you think the posterior position and tough time with the first is a valid reason? My bump measures right on, but the last baby measured a few weeks behind, yet was still good sized, so I also worry perhaps this one is way bigger. She certainly feels huge in my stomach!

I feel weirdest about the before the due date part. I am less gung ho about going over due, but I feel guilty forcing her out beforehand. However if something goes wrong and it's on my terms, I will always wonder if I was silly not to listen to Dr.

I have a labor inducing pressure point massage tomorrow morning. Not much faith in it, but it can't hurt. Sounds a lot more fun than walking or scrubbing the floors!

petesgirl
01-17-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm not sure what I would do in your situation, but the possibility of a c section would worry me more than an induction. I was induced at 38 weeks with DS but it was because my stomach was measuring small (stopped growing altogether at 34 weeks) and my placenta was beginning to die so nutrient deprivation was an issue.

I'm having the same issues this time but my (same) dr is willing to give it more time as long as I'm doing non stress tests weekly.

BabyBearsMom
01-17-2014, 03:52 PM
I really am not pro inducing for just a big baby, but do you think the posterior position and tough time with the first is a valid reason? My bump measures right on, but the last baby measured a few weeks behind, yet was still good sized, so I also worry perhaps this one is way bigger. She certainly feels huge in my stomach!

I feel weirdest about the before the due date part. I am less gung ho about going over due, but I feel guilty forcing her out beforehand. However if something goes wrong and it's on my terms, I will always wonder if I was silly not to listen to Dr.

I have a labor inducing pressure point massage tomorrow morning. Not much faith in it, but it can't hurt. Sounds a lot more fun than walking or scrubbing the floors!

DD1 was posterior and her position during labor meant she wasn't pressing on my cervix and I just would not dialate, even when they tried to induce me. Then she started having heart decelerations so I had a C Section. DD2, they told me she was 8lbs when I was 39 weeks and they estimated that she would be 8.5lbs by the time I hit 40 weeks.. She was also posterior. She turned (which I think she did due to all of the yoga I did), and I had a vaginal deliver without a hitch. In fact, I almost didn't make it to the hospital. My midwife had to deliver her wearing herstreet clothes! And FWIW, she was a week late and 7lbs 8oz, so 8.5lbs my a$$. So I don't think a posterior baby or trouble with a past birth should impact a decision about this birth. That being said, and I know that this is not a popular opinion on the BBB, I don't think you would be making a mistake if you decided to induce before your due date, so long as it wasn't more than a week or more before the due date. Personally, that would not be my choice. I would rather wait until she comes on her own and if the labor isn't working out have a c-section, but I would prefer to try to let things progress on their own first. But that is what I would choose for me and you need to choose what is right for you. Also, as far as the baby feeling bigger, I think seconds just feel bigger in your stomach. My theory is that you don't have the same stomach muscles that you had the first time so the weight is more pressing.

flashy09
01-17-2014, 05:29 PM
Is 39 and 3 far enough long that I don't have to worry about any last minute brain development or important things happening? Is it really just a case of adding fat at that stage? I am very sure of my due date.

Would the fact that my cervix is dilated to 2 cm (was 0 cm at 36 so I know I don't walk around with it like that) and quite effaced mean that even with the posterior position, the baby is putting pressure on my cervix? Or does the cervix dilate due to braxton hicks and hormones more than pressure?

Is inducing this late even worth it? Even if I go a week over that's just 1/2 lb at this stage, right? The bone structure and head size is pretty much set and some extra thigh rolls won't matter - or is that not correct and the whole baby will get bigger?

rin
01-17-2014, 06:22 PM
Is 39 and 3 far enough long that I don't have to worry about any last minute brain development or important things happening? Is it really just a case of adding fat at that stage? I am very sure of my due date.

Would the fact that my cervix is dilated to 2 cm (was 0 cm at 36 so I know I don't walk around with it like that) and quite effaced mean that even with the posterior position, the baby is putting pressure on my cervix? Or does the cervix dilate due to braxton hicks and hormones more than pressure?

Is inducing this late even worth it? Even if I go a week over that's just 1/2 lb at this stage, right? The bone structure and head size is pretty much set and some extra thigh rolls won't matter - or is that not correct and the whole baby will get bigger?

IMO 39 and 3 is absolutely full term! My DD1 was born at 39 weeks, 5 days, and my DD2 at 39 even, and they were both considered full term.

I know I am a broken record with this, but having sex (to completion for the man) is the only form of home induction (aside from castor oil) that actually has much evidence behind it. Without getting into personal details, I would have very high confidence in using it as a method of home induction, and it doesn't have any of the potential unfortunate side effects of castor oil.

flashy09
01-20-2014, 02:29 PM
So I had an appointment today and no real mention was made of inducing. I was all set with a million questions, but Dr seemed fine with me going on and made next appointment for 40w and 2 days. However, he did do a strip of my membranes. I guess that's better than being hooked to Pitocin though. Anyone have any experience with this? Does it cause a lot of cramping and bleeding? How will I know difference from real labor or just side effect of strip?

BabyBearsMom
01-20-2014, 04:06 PM
I had my membranes stripped with dd2. It didn't do anything for me. Maybe a tiny bit of spotting but nothing else. IME you will know when you are in lap nothing else compared

flashy09
01-20-2014, 04:31 PM
I had my membranes stripped with dd2. It didn't do anything for me. Maybe a tiny bit of spotting but nothing else. IME you will know when you are in lap nothing else compared

Thank you! How far along were you? I was so excited he seemed to have gotten off the induction bandwagon and then suddenly this was happening while I was totally off guard. I feel a little crampy and heavy, but no spotting or contractions. Kind of wish I had just been left alone, everything about this pregnancy has been perfect and it's only the 7.12 weight last week that concerns anyone. Is there any safety issues to the bag not being attached anymore? Usually I research like a crazy woman, but this was sprung on me and I don't know very much about it!

SnuggleBuggles
01-20-2014, 04:38 PM
I had them stripped with both. The first time just felt like a normal exam. Labor started 2 days later. Don't know if it's a coincidence. With ds2, she was darned thorough. Didn't hurt but she took a while. Labor started 4 hours later. Neither was painful, bloody, crampy. Unless you're GBS+, it's a good option.

BabyBearsMom
01-20-2014, 05:45 PM
I had it when I was 40+ weeks with dd2. She was late and a VBAC so they couldn't induce and my midwife did it so I could go into labor fast and didn't get stuck with another c section. I don't believe there are any risks to stripping membranes once the baby is full term

abh5e8
01-20-2014, 08:24 PM
i'm glad your dr didnt push you into induction. my first was "such a huge baby we need to induce today, especially since you were 5'2" and 100lbs before getting pregnant." eye roll and laugh. she was 5lbs 11 oz. i pushed her out in 2 pushes. same number of pushes for baby number4, only she was 8lbs 4oz. your body did it once, it will do it again. :)

flashy09
01-20-2014, 08:42 PM
Is stripping the membranes pretty safe regarding not causing the baby to come before it's ready? I just hate the thought of her still needing to develop and forcing her out, especially this early. Can this make my waters more likely to break? I am terrified of things like cord prolapse (I google a little too much) if my water does break (does an anterior placenta make this more likely…cord in front of baby at front of stomach?).

Is there a need or reason for the membranes to be attached to the cervix? Will having the bag detached make any difference in my labor?

Thanks for any attempt at my million questions!

maybeebaby08
01-20-2014, 09:03 PM
If babies not ready, baby won't come! I had anterior placenta with DD1 and my membranes stripped at 40w 2 days and it didn't cause labor to start or any other complication. DD2 I didn't have anterior placenta but did have membranes stripped at 40w 2 days and it didn't start anything. Good luck, I hope labor starts soon and everything goes smoothly!

flashy09
01-20-2014, 09:30 PM
What is the time frame of it working? If I am not in labor in 48 hrs do I assume that it did not work and any future labor is not related? I really do want to feel like the baby came on her own. 39 and 1 seems so early to try to induce now that I am less fearful of her size and more doubtful of ultrasounds.

essnce629
01-21-2014, 01:43 AM
I don't believe there are any risks to stripping membranes once the baby is full term

No interventions are ever 100% risk free. The risks associated with membrane stripping are accidental rupture of membranes and possible infection (because every time you introduce something into the vagina you are increasing the infection risk, which is why I'm not a fan of cervical checks before labor). It can also cause uncomfortable non-labor contractions which make it difficult for you to sleep and you need all the sleep you can get right now to be prepared for real labor. It can be painful to some women during the actual procedure and can cause bleeding.

What is the time frame of it working? If I am not in labor in 48 hrs do I assume that it did not work and any future labor is not related? I really do want to feel like the baby came on her own. 39 and 1 seems so early to try to induce now that I am less fearful of her size and more doubtful of ultrasounds.

Membrane stripping appears most effective when you are already 41 weeks pregnant. But at the same time, most women go into labor naturally around 41 weeks anyways even if nothing is done. I'd say that if you go into labor after 48 hours then it is not related to the membrane stripping.

My best friend wanted a natural birth and therefore didn't want to be induced. She had her membranes stripped once at 41 weeks (didn't work) and again 2 or 3 days later. She was cramping soon after the second membrane stripping and was in labor for real later that night, but then again she was almost 42 weeks at that point and perhaps she would have been in labor anyways without the membrane stripping.

Here's a study that compared the results of 22 different trials on membrane sweeping/stripping. It did show that routine membrane stripping did tend to prevent pregnancies from lasting longer than 41 or 42 weeks. But at the same time, 8 women would have to have their membranes stripped to prevent one medical induction.

Membrane sweeping for induction of labour.
AUTHORS' CONCLUSIONS:
Routine use of sweeping of membranes from 38 weeks of pregnancy onwards does not seem to produce clinically important benefits. When used as a means for induction of labour, the reduction in the use of more formal methods of induction needs to be balanced against women's discomfort and other adverse effects.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15674873

Personally, I would probably skip the membrane stripping unless I was close to 42 weeks and even then I'd do my castor oil regimen first since it is non-invasive.

westwoodmom04
01-21-2014, 10:53 AM
If you needed a scheduled c-section, they typically will do it 7-10 days before anticipated due date, so I really wouldn't worry about anything a week within due date. Generally anything after 37 weeks is considered full term.

mom2MandC
01-21-2014, 11:55 AM
I hope you are doing well! Just wanted to chime in that if the baby's weight is your main concern, then I wouldn't be too concerned ;) They were more than a pound off with 3 of my 4 DDs!! Especially DD2, at 38 weeks they told me she was over 11 pounds- I had GD so I think they were also inclined to think she was going to be big, but at 39 w 2d she was 8lbs6ounces! Even DD4 who is only 3 weeks old, the day before she was born the ultrasound tech told me she would be at least 8lbs12ounces, but she was 7lbs14ounces!
So please don't drive your self crazy, like I did with DD2!!! Hope you are feeling well!!!

SnuggleBuggles
01-21-2014, 12:05 PM
If you needed a scheduled c-section, they typically will do it 7-10 days before anticipated due date, so I really wouldn't worry about anything a week within due date. Generally anything after 37 weeks is considered full term.

But, due dates can be off by 2 weeks, which is why term is 38-42 weeks. Intervene at 37 weeks and baby could be 35 weeks along, which is too early. Near term is the phrase for that and they are more likely to have health problems. I don't think many Dr.s will induce or do a c-section in an uncomplicated pregnancy before 39 weeks- or at least, they shouldn't.

Anyway, I agree with others, try not to stress about a guesstimated weight. Imagine if you had had a different care provider- one that didn't do a scan or make a guess. You feel bigger but could just be how you are carrying.

MamaMolly
01-21-2014, 12:27 PM
I had my membranes stripped with Dolly and it was painful, there was spotting, and it did absolutely NOTHING to move labor along LOL! Try to not worry, I'm sure your little one will be here soon!

MSWR0319
01-21-2014, 09:24 PM
I hope you're doing well. I wouldn't worry about baby coming anytime after 39 weeks. I delivered DS1 with no intervention at 39w2d and DS2 came at 38wk4d. Both of mine were posterior also, but the second one turned as he was crowning causing a lovely tear. I hope your labor is easier this time!

KpbS
01-21-2014, 11:52 PM

The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists does not recommend delivery before 39 weeks and many mds will not schedule a c-section before 39 weeks unless the mother's health is at risk.

flashy09
01-22-2014, 07:09 AM
I don't think the stripping did much. My uterus felt irritable, but nothing strong enough for labor. I am kind of relieved because I feel like if she came now, it is on her own accord. Going to use these last few days to relax and enjoy the pregnancy instead of so much focus on getting her out!

It's crazy how I am 3 cm dilated and not in noticeable labor and I was 3 cm after 12 hrs of contractions with DD. Hopefully that means I have shaved off a good chunk of early labor time and this time things will move faster once it starts!

AnnieW625
01-25-2014, 04:49 PM
any update?

flashy09
01-25-2014, 08:30 PM
any update?

Not really! My Braxton Hicks are strong and frequent, but no other real signs. Glad I didn't induce since she obviously needed more time - just hope she is using it to become a genius and not just broadening her shoulders, lol.

AshleyAnn
01-25-2014, 10:32 PM
Not really! My Braxton Hicks are strong and frequent, but no other real signs. Glad I didn't induce since she obviously needed more time - just hope she is using it to become a genius and not just broadening her shoulders, lol.

You just made me literally LOL!

essnce629
01-26-2014, 05:58 AM
Since you were already 3 cm, maybe by the time you actually go into labor you'll be 5! And all those Braxton Hicks are softening and shortening your cervix which is great! The more your body does ahead of time, the faster and easier your real labor will be!

drako
01-26-2014, 05:56 PM
Ultrasounds can be really of in estimating weight. I had an ultrasound at 39 weeks 4 days and the tech said dd2 was 8 lbs 3 oz. I felt so relieved since I measuring big and had a big baby already. I elected to induce since my blood pressure was high. Anyway, dd2 ended up being 10 lbs and I didn't have GD. So needless to say the ultrasound was was off for me!

123LuckyMom
01-26-2014, 07:43 PM
It seems your baby needed more time. I'm glad you have a doctor that's willing to give it to her!

Don't worry at all about size! You can birth a big baby. Scans are completely unreliable. With DS, they used a scan estimating he was 14lbs (which I knew was totally ridiculous) to threaten me into having a c-section at 40 weeks exactly. He was 8lbs 7oz and should have cooked longer. I went into labor with DD at 42 weeks. She was 9lbs even. It turned out that she was posterior, and my midwife was unable to turn her. She got wedged, and I did end up with a c-section, but it was necessary and not traumatic. I have always believed that DS was born too soon.

flashy09
01-28-2014, 02:34 PM
Have an appointment shortly. If Dr wants to strip the membranes again, is it worth trying? I know in England they get stripped/swept multiple times, but hasn't he already separated the amniotic sac from the cervix?

I know checking the cervix doesn't tell you everything - definitely learned that this time - however I am curious if I am even more dilated and effaced or not. I have a feeling that if he will ask about doing the sweep again when he's checking and want to be prepared with an answer this time!

Snow mom
01-28-2014, 02:43 PM
Have an appointment shortly. If Dr wants to strip the membranes again, is it worth trying? I know in England they get stripped/swept multiple times, but hasn't he already separated the amniotic sac from the cervix?

I know checking the cervix doesn't tell you everything - definitely learned that this time - however I am curious if I am even more dilated and effaced or not. I have a feeling that if he will ask about doing the sweep again when he's checking and want to be prepared with an answer this time!
I think it's about equally worth trying as last time. Same risks and same benefits (that it might trigger labor). I prefer not to do internals until in active enough labor to warrant going to the hospital. If he says you are the exact same as last week it might be discouraging.

flashy09
01-28-2014, 05:49 PM
He didn't strip again. Thinks I am very ready and he could feel the baby's hand! No wonder I get such bad lightning crotch, lol.

trcy
01-28-2014, 08:06 PM
He didn't strip again. Thinks I am very ready and he could feel the baby's hand! No wonder I get such bad lightning crotch, lol.
Keep us posted :)

indigo99
01-28-2014, 10:56 PM
Don't worry at all about size! You can birth a big baby.

Huh. I couldn't. DS1 was just 8lb 15oz when born at 39 wk, but his head was already too big for me to push out. I pushed for over two hours with a vacuum assist, but his head just wasn't moving so I had to get a c-section. You can still feel the big bulge on his skull where they tried to pull him out.

SnuggleBuggles
01-28-2014, 11:09 PM
Huh. I couldn't. DS1 was just 8lb 15oz when born at 39 wk, but his head was already too big for me to push out. I pushed for over two hours with a vacuum assist, but his head just wasn't moving so I had to get a c-section. You can still feel the big bulge on his skull where they tried to pull him out.

There are plenty of what ifs. Baby's position. Your position for labor. Your position for delivery. Whether your water was broken/ broke before was super low and in great alignment. I think many care providers ignore all the position things and fixate on size. Size you can't fix, positions you can.

flashy09
01-29-2014, 05:15 AM
I think it's getting going! Had contractions 7-8 minutes apart from 6 pm -10 pm that were regular, but mild. I went to bed and was able to sleep from 11 -2 until they got just bad enough to keep me up, but not strong or frequent enough to go to the hospital. So been up since 3 just puttering around downstairs - a little more anxious about this birth, probably because of having DD now and not wanting anything horrible to go wrong.

petesgirl
01-29-2014, 07:25 AM
Woo-hoo!! Best wishes to you mamma!!

123LuckyMom
01-29-2014, 10:24 AM
Good luck!!!!

Mommy_Mea
01-29-2014, 10:37 AM
Good luck!!

basil
01-29-2014, 11:00 AM
Good luck!!

flashy09
01-29-2014, 04:28 PM
Went into Dr office for NST and the baby is doing great. I am 4 cm, 90% effaced, and contractions are 5-8 minutes apart. They were strong on the monitor, but don't feel that intense (I am still able to walk and talk) so he sent me back home to let them strengthen. So just hanging out with DD and looking at the baby names book and waiting for the intensity to pick up. I was worried that since I am rather dilated/effaced I would be sent to the hospital and put on Pitocin to fire up the contraction speed, but ever since that one comment about inducing at 39 weeks, he has never brought it up again.

If I have the baby tomorrow, it will be exactly the same 40 +4 as my first and probably about the same 36 hr from first real contraction to birth. So much for second babies being different! My body seems to stick to it's baby making recipe, lol.

SnuggleBuggles
01-29-2014, 04:30 PM
Rest up! Congratulations!

happymom
01-29-2014, 04:36 PM
Oooh how exciting! Get lots of rest and eat some protein so you have plenty of energy! Best of luck to you!

YouAreTheFocus
01-29-2014, 04:46 PM
Thanks for updating us! Best wishes!

essnce629
01-29-2014, 05:36 PM
Yay, sending you fast and easy labor vibes once active labor starts! Try and eat now and take a nap so you're not too tired when things pick up! And yay for being 4cm! Hopefully you'll be 100% effaced and 5+cm once you go back to the hospital!

flashy09
01-30-2014, 02:16 PM
Had my baby girl this morning! I arrived at the hospital at 1 am and was 7 cm.... apparently did a good job letting those contractions strengthen! After my epidural at 4 cm with DD1 last time, I decided out of the blue to give natural birth a go since I was so close. And I did it! That ultrasound didn't lie either, she was 8 lbs,11 oz and 21 1/4 long - but maybe 15 minutes max of pushing and she was out! So much easier when I could feel the pressure and I feel like Wonder Woman that I did something I never dreamed I would attempt. Still deciding on a name however....

BDKmom
01-30-2014, 02:25 PM
Congratulations!! Glad to hear that you and baby are doing well. Kisses to your sweet girl!!

SnuggleBuggles
01-30-2014, 02:32 PM
Congratulations!!! I love that birth high/ Wonder Woman feeling. I'm glad it all went smoothly. :)

Piglet
01-30-2014, 02:33 PM
Congrats!! Enjoy the babymoon!!

georgiegirl
01-30-2014, 02:36 PM
Congrats! Awesome job! I had such a natural high after giving birth to Ds1 naturally.

sariana
01-30-2014, 03:06 PM
Congratulations! Welcome, Baby Girl!

123LuckyMom
01-30-2014, 03:07 PM
Good job, Mama! Congratulations!

happymom
01-30-2014, 03:08 PM
Congratulations! Enjoy your sweet baby!

essnce629
01-30-2014, 03:17 PM
Wow, that's awesome! And yay for arriving at 7cm!!!! My DS2 was pretty much the same size of your baby (8lbs 10oz, 22" long) and also popped out quickly with just 2 contractions and not a tear. Way to go! And yes, the natural birth high is amazing!

Katigre
01-30-2014, 03:20 PM
Had my baby girl this morning! I arrived at the hospital at 1 am and was 7 cm.... apparently did a good job letting those contractions strengthen! After my epidural at 4 cm with DD1 last time, I decided out of the blue to give natural birth a go since I was so close. And I did it! That ultrasound didn't lie either, she was 8 lbs,11 oz and 21 1/4 long - but maybe 15 minutes max of pushing and she was out! So much easier when I could feel the pressure and I feel like Wonder Woman that I did something I never dreamed I would attempt. Still deciding on a name however....

Congratulations! The endorphin rush after birth is awesome. Enjoy your baby and how your recovery is smooth!

Sent from my Android phone using Swype

HannaAddict
01-30-2014, 03:26 PM
Congrats! Good job!

kdeunc
01-30-2014, 06:12 PM
Congratulations!

Tondi G
01-30-2014, 07:52 PM
Wow, that's awesome! And yay for arriving at 7cm! When the doctor checked me and told me I was 6 to 6.5 cm with DS2 I was thrilled! Way to go on having a natural birth! The natural birth high is amazing isn't it! Welcome to the world little one! Congrats Mama!

trales
01-30-2014, 08:27 PM
Congratulations, welcome to the world little baby. Enjoy her.

KpbS
01-30-2014, 11:51 PM
That's fantastic! Congratulations! Glad she came so quickly after your due date. :)

DietCokeLover
01-31-2014, 12:39 AM
Congratulations!

Mommy_Mea
01-31-2014, 06:11 AM
Congratulations mama and baby girl!

Philly Mom
01-31-2014, 08:31 AM
Congrats! Hope you are feeling well.

MamaMolly
01-31-2014, 11:16 AM
Yippiee! Congrats!!!!!!!

Rarick0
01-31-2014, 02:27 PM
Congratulations!!!

daisymommy
02-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Woohoo! Congratulations on being a mama for the second time, and for achieving a natural birth! It does make you feel incredible, doesn't it?!

Sent from my iPad

sweet_pea
02-02-2014, 08:49 PM
Congrats on baby girl #2, Flashy!

BabbyO
02-03-2014, 05:14 PM
I'm a little late to the party, but congrats, Flashy! So glad that things went well!

trcy
02-08-2014, 08:51 AM
I'm a little late to the party, but congrats, Flashy! So glad that things went well!
:yeahthat: