PDA

View Full Version : Any deals on King Sheet sets (non-sateen)

oneontheway
01-19-2014, 09:03 AM
Anyone seen high quality sheet sets lately on sale or for a good prize? I've seen the threads about costco but the highly rated ones seem to be saten which we dont want. Thanks!

elbenn
01-19-2014, 10:09 AM
I prefer percale sheets to sateen and I have bought some on Amazon before. You might check there.

Twin Mom
01-19-2014, 10:42 AM
TJ Maxx/Marshall's/homegoods are all worth a look if they are near you.

oneontheway
01-19-2014, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the tips. I went to Costco today (I was already there) and all they had was sateen. Is that the new thing? They seem so slippery as least the older ones which is what I am thinking about.

pastrygirl
01-19-2014, 08:12 PM
I've only ever seen sateen at TJMaxx. I've been looking for percale, too, because I don't like how sateen feels fuzzy like flannel after a day or two.

willow33
01-19-2014, 08:43 PM
I've bought some great percale king sets on Kohls.com. If you have their credit card they have 30% off right now with free shipping.

BunnyBee
01-19-2014, 09:29 PM
I don't like sateen sheets at all, and the Costco ones are fine after they're washed and dried. They don't have that weird, slick, slimy feeling that most sateen does.

IKEA Gaspa sheets get good reviews. I don't know if they're sateen. They're not crisp percale. They are definitely cheap though! This month (not sure on dates) they're one of the Family specials and are $10 off. The queen set is $24.99 with the discount.

oneontheway
01-19-2014, 10:28 PM
I've bought some great percale king sets on Kohls.com. If you have their credit card they have 30% off right now with free shipping.

Which ones do you have?

oneontheway
01-19-2014, 10:29 PM
I don't like sateen sheets at all, and the Costco ones are fine after they're washed and dried. They don't have that weird, slick, slimy feeling that most sateen does.

IKEA Gaspa sheets get good reviews. I don't know if they're sateen. They're not crisp percale. They are definitely cheap though! This month (not sure on dates) they're one of the Family specials and are $10 off. The queen set is $24.99 with the discount.

So the costco sateen ones don't feel like sateen? Good to know about ikea, especially for the kids.m

debbo
01-19-2014, 10:35 PM
Just a note: I think IKEA bedding is not standard US sized bedding. At least it used to be that way...not sure if it still is...

boolady
01-19-2014, 10:38 PM
Just a note: I think IKEA bedding is not standard US sized bedding. At least it used to be that way...not sure if it still is...

Our Ikea sheets are sized like standard bedding. I can't remember the name of the line, though.