PDA

View Full Version : Happy Baby Squeeze at Costco

mommylamb
01-19-2014, 08:44 PM
I'm not sure if this is new to costco or if it has always been there and I haven't noticed it. I got a 12 pack of the Happy Baby Squeeze Organic Superfoods (the Apple, Mango, Pear and Kale) for $9.99. It was my first time trying it and both kids loved it, so I went to Amazon to see about getting more and the same 12 pack is $21.99 there. So Costco, it will be for us....

thelilprincess
01-19-2014, 09:08 PM
That's a great deal! I use to subscribe to amazon for these for my daughter - great back up snacks, too, for her at daycare as she got older. Hope they still carry it when baby #2 comes in 3 months.

MSWR0319
01-19-2014, 09:09 PM
I Just grabbed some too but didn't realize it was such a good deal! Guess I'll keep buying them there. They're great to use when DS won't eat any veggies. At least I know he's getting a bit.

lauren3110
01-19-2014, 11:04 PM
Oooh! Where in the store were they?

Reader
01-19-2014, 11:23 PM
Ours has had these for a while. I'm still buying them for my 4 year old because they have kale...I'd rather give him these with kale than the Go Go Squeez with just applesauce. They are cheaper than the Amazon subscribe and save.

krobbin
01-19-2014, 11:33 PM
Great price - I really hope I find them at my local Costco, thanks for sharing!

babyonway
01-19-2014, 11:36 PM
My Costco has had them for a few months (maybe 6) but they have since been discontinued :(

div_0305
01-20-2014, 12:49 AM
I just requested a refund on a shipment of these in mango from Amazon. This time the mango color was really dark and tasted bad compared to the batch I had ordered a few months prior. Also, several pouches came leaking, which is why I thought to test some pouches for taste/quality concerns. I am giving up on pouches in general after this experience. I bought some reusable pouches, but have yet to put them into regular use.

NJ_Mom2011
01-20-2014, 08:40 AM
Oooh! Where in the store were they?

:yeahthat: Are they near the Gogo Squeeze or are they in the baby section?

MSWR0319
01-20-2014, 08:49 AM
:yeahthat: Are they near the Gogo Squeeze or are they in the baby section?

Mine were near the Gogo squeeze

mommylamb
01-20-2014, 12:21 PM
Mine were in the area of the store where the Gogo Squeeze is (I got that too), but they were one aisle over.

div_0305, that is so GROSS!!!! I seriously hope we don't have any problems like that with the ones we got. The kids have liked them so far (I let my 6 year old have them too). I'm sure they would have turned up their noses if it had been yucky, but just the thought is grossing me out.

marymoo86
01-20-2014, 02:09 PM
I noticed that last time my Costco had a 4 lbs bag of GF all natural chicken nuggets for 11 or 12 bucks if that appeals to anyone.

bcafe
01-20-2014, 02:22 PM
I noticed that last time my Costco had a 4 lbs bag of GF all natural chicken nuggets for 11 or 12 bucks if that appeals to anyone.
I wish our Costco would bring back the naked nuggets. Ours has gotten a lot more gf stuff in though.

div_0305
01-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Mine were in the area of the store where the Gogo Squeeze is (I got that too), but they were one aisle over.

div_0305, that is so GROSS!!!! I seriously hope we don't have any problems like that with the ones we got. The kids have liked them so far (I let my 6 year old have them too). I'm sure they would have turned up their noses if it had been yucky, but just the thought is grossing me out.

I know! I was hoping Happy Baby wouldn't have the same issues as other pouch brands, but this just made me turn nose completely. I still need to throw them out. We really loved these before--I could even finish a pouch --tasted like yummy mango sauce--and not feel like I was eating baby food. My 8 yr old also liked them, but would only dare eat them at home away from his friends :)

Remy
01-20-2014, 06:02 PM
And now I'm grossed out too. Not sure if I want to continue buying any of these packets. They are so easy but just the thought of it ... !

krobbin
01-20-2014, 09:19 PM
I just requested a refund on a shipment of these in mango from Amazon. This time the mango color was really dark and tasted bad compared to the batch I had ordered a few months prior. Also, several pouches came leaking, which is why I thought to test some pouches for taste/quality concerns. I am giving up on pouches in general after this experience. I bought some reusable pouches, but have yet to put them into regular use.

Weird, I've been getting Mango from Amazon S&S for probably over one year and have never ever had an issue. I'd contact both Amazon and Happy Baby ASAP about that batch.

lauren3110
01-21-2014, 01:11 AM
Boo :( my costco didn't have them.

KLD313
01-21-2014, 11:06 AM
Thanks for posting this! I went yesterday and they had a bunch of them but not by the other pouches. They were in front of the food section where my store seems to put stuff that just came or is new. It was with crackers and fruit and chips, all kinds of random stuff. I would have missed it if there wasn't one lone box over by the GoGo pouches. I figured there must be more and went looking.

div_0305
01-21-2014, 12:35 PM
Weird, I've been getting Mango from Amazon S&S for probably over one year and have never ever had an issue. I'd contact both Amazon and Happy Baby ASAP about that batch.

I contacted Amazon, which is why I'm getting the refund. They know the batch and said they will pull what stock they have left. I had these on S&S from Amazon for over a year, too. I'm just personally fed up with the problems these pouch manufacturers have had over the years. I'm not contacting Happy Baby about it, as I'm sure Amazon will and surely I can't be the only person to have received this batch and contacted them. FYI--expiration dates were Dec. 2014.

krobbin
01-21-2014, 01:37 PM
I contacted Amazon, which is why I'm getting the refund. They know the batch and said they will pull what stock they have left. I had these on S&S from Amazon for over a year, too. I'm just personally fed up with the problems these pouch manufacturers have had over the years. I'm not contacting Happy Baby about it, as I'm sure Amazon will and surely I can't be the only person to have received this batch and contacted them. FYI--expiration dates were Dec. 2014.

The ones I got earlier this month had an expiration date of Nov 2014 (thanks for sharing yours, I ran to check). I haven't heard about other pouch manufacturers having issues, so this the first time I've heard about it (not that I went searching, either).

I hope Amazon tells Happy Baby, they should definitely know if their product was received in that sort of condition. I really like pouches over plastic and glass jars for the storage and travel factors, sorry you had such a terrible experience.

BTW: My Costco didn't have them either, personally I am getting peeved at my Costco. They pulled all Hanna from the store, stopped selling the Tasty Brand Organic Fruit Snacks I buy, and don't offer a lot of organic foods.

kerriowl
01-21-2014, 03:25 PM
The ones I got earlier this month had an expiration date of Nov 2014 (thanks for sharing yours, I ran to check). I haven't heard about other pouch manufacturers having issues, so this the first time I've heard about it (not that I went searching, either).

I hope Amazon tells Happy Baby, they should definitely know if their product was received in that sort of condition. I really like pouches over plastic and glass jars for the storage and travel factors, sorry you had such a terrible experience.

BTW: My Costco didn't have them either, personally I am getting peeved at my Costco. They pulled all Hanna from the store, stopped selling the Tasty Brand Organic Fruit Snacks I buy, and don't offer a lot of organic foods.

You should go and tell Costco customer service what you want them to bring back or start carrying. I complained about a switch in the brand of turkey bacon (Oscar Mayer is way better than Butterball). They said it was probably a cost issue, but noted my complaint in the computer. A couple of months later, Oscar Mayer was back to my surprise. My guess is that if enough people ask for something, management will at least consider it. Make sure they note your request in the computer so it can be tracked.

pandanini
05-14-2014, 12:31 AM
I know this thread was from awhile ago, but has anyone seen these Happy Baby pouches at their Costco lately? and if so, what area/location? I'm not positive, but I think that our area (Los Angeles, CA) never got these in... :( and was wondering if any locations still had them.

I really need to pick up some up for my 7 month old for when we're out of town this weekend and since we'll be heading up to the Bay Area, was wondering about the Costcos in NorCal (esp since some of you reporting finding HOnest Company Sunscreen at your Costcos)