PDA

View Full Version : Miscarriage help - warning: sensitive

Mamabear4
01-20-2014, 11:31 AM
Final update in post # 35
Update in post #29

We went in for our 8 week ultrasound and learned that we had a missed miscarriage. Baby was only measuring 6 weeks 4 days and no heartbeat. We were charting, so I was sure of my dates and the sac was measuring at 8 weeks. I've decided to go the medical route - vaginal cytotec. I've just started the process and am laying down waiting for pills to dissolve. and am looking for advice - they also prescribed ibuprofen for pain. Should I take it right now or wait until I'm actually in pain? I don't want it to become unmanageable but don't want to take it too early either. Any been - there- done - that?

Katigre
01-20-2014, 11:49 AM
I would take it now and then every 4 hours for the next day (meaning I'd take the maximum dose available in 24 hours that is safe).

Sent from my Android phone using Swype

sariana
01-20-2014, 12:09 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. I agree with Katigre's advice. Don't wait because the meds won't take effect right away.

DietCokeLover
01-20-2014, 12:15 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.

123LuckyMom
01-20-2014, 12:21 PM
I'm sorry for your loss!

Mamabear4
01-20-2014, 12:26 PM
Thank you all - I just took the painkillers and cramping is starting. At this point I just want it all to be over...

WatchingThemGrow
01-20-2014, 01:12 PM
So sorry for your loss.

petesgirl
01-20-2014, 01:42 PM
Oh no. :( I'm so sorry!

theriviera
01-20-2014, 02:09 PM
I am so sorry for your loss :hug:

mmommy
01-20-2014, 02:17 PM
Sending lots of hugs.

Snow mom
01-20-2014, 02:29 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. I'd say take the pain meds as you are allowed (I see you've already taken the first dose.) It's always easier to stay out in front of physical pain than to try to wait until you need pain meds. Sending you PT and hugs.

BabyBearsMom
01-20-2014, 04:04 PM
I'm so so so sorry for your loss

joonbug
01-20-2014, 04:26 PM
So sorry for your loss. I would take the meds before pain starts.

essnce629
01-20-2014, 05:10 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I have no advice but just wanted to give you (((HUGS))). Take it easy the next few days.

mikala
01-20-2014, 05:21 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

Mamabear4
01-20-2014, 08:11 PM
Thank you all for you kind words. I've had mild cramping throughout the day but nothing horrible. Otherwise, nothing is happening. I am having a teeny amount of pink show up when wiping but that is it. Why does my body hate me. Seriously why can't this just go smoothly and easily?

flashy09
01-20-2014, 09:24 PM
So sorry for your loss. Will be thinking of you and hoping everything goes ok for you tonight.

missym
01-20-2014, 09:27 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

LMPC
01-20-2014, 10:54 PM
I am so sorry!

MamaMolly
01-21-2014, 12:30 PM
Oh sweetheart. I'm awfully sorry. Be gentle to yourself.

Tondi G
01-21-2014, 03:09 PM
Thank you all for you kind words. I've had mild cramping throughout the day but nothing horrible. Otherwise, nothing is happening. I am having a teeny amount of pink show up when wiping but that is it. Why does my body hate me. Seriously why can't this just go smoothly and easily?

(((HUGS))) I had 2 missed MC's. The first I went in at 12 weeks having seen a healthy HB at 7+ weeks. The growth had stopped around 9 weeks. I ended up having a D&C. When I had a 2nd MC we found out earlier and just went forward with a D&C. While it was more involved to go in and have the procedure, I was thankful that I knew it was DONE and complete and I had about a week of bleeding/spotting and then we could move on. I hope the meds do the trick and it can all be over with soon. Hang in there.

tabegle
01-21-2014, 03:45 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

sariana
01-21-2014, 04:16 PM
I hope you're feeling better (physically) today. More hugs for you and your family.

ArizonaGirl
01-21-2014, 05:35 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, I hope that things are progressing as they need to and that you and your family can grieve.

:hug:

joules
01-22-2014, 01:22 AM
I'm so sorry. I went through the same thing. Went in for my 8 week and there was no heartbeat. I also had the pill procedure. It affected me more and longer than I thought it would. big hugs for you and your family.

ShanaMama
01-22-2014, 01:29 AM
I​ am so sorry you are going through this.

PZMommy
01-22-2014, 01:33 AM
I'm sorry for your loss.

I started with the pill and ended up needing a D&C anyways, because some tissue was left. Be sure to get a follow up ultrasound. If I were to go through it again, I'd opt just to start with the D&C. It was much quicker and less painful physically.

Mamabear4
01-22-2014, 08:05 AM
Checking in again. I had to do a second dose of pills yesterday because the first had only cause minor cramping and spotting. The second did nothing. No cramping, no spotting. So I'm calling again this morning to schedule the d&c. PP&T that they can squeeze me in this week since my husband took the week off of work (traveling job) to help me and won't be able to get another one next week.

Mamabear4
01-22-2014, 11:10 AM
One more update - called the dr this am and they are having me do another round of the pills today then come in for ultrasound tomorrow morning - they'll either be able to schedule surgery right afterwards or on Friday.
Any hope of it working today after no progress for the past two days?

westwoodmom04
01-22-2014, 05:02 PM
First, so sorry for your loss. I had two early stage miscarriages, I had surgery for one and the pill for the other (did pill firs time because I thought it would be less traumatic). IMO, the surgery is much better. It is over quicker, and you can be sure it worked. When I took the pills, it did work the first time, but took twelve hours. It really was one of the worst experiences I can remember.

Tondi G
01-22-2014, 08:35 PM
One more update - called the dr this am and they are having me do another round of the pills today then come in for ultrasound tomorrow morning - they'll either be able to schedule surgery right afterwards or on Friday.

I have 2 friends who took the pill and neither had a particularly good experience with it. One ended up having to go to the ER because she was bleeding too much. They did an U/S in the ER and she needed a D&C there in the ER because it wasn't complete and she was essentially hemorrhaging. The second had to go through 2 or 3 rounds of pills to get things going and again was bleeding a ton but it wasn't complete. I think it was much more traumatic for them than it was for me... go in, they put you under, you wake up and it's done.

SASM
01-22-2014, 08:44 PM
No BTDT, as I had a D&C for mc#1. Sending HUGE HUGE hugs your way. I am so sorry for your loss. When I told my family & friends about the m/c, they seemed to come out of the woodwork.

sarahsthreads
01-22-2014, 10:43 PM

Oh, I am so, so sorry for your loss. :hug:

I had a missed miscarriage two years ago. I took the pills and had some mild cramping and bleeding and kind of thought that maybe since I have a pretty high pain tolerance that was that. 48 hours later, I actually miscarried. I honestly don't know if the pills kick-started things but it just took longer than expected, or if I might have naturally miscarried at that point even if I hadn't taken them.

Again, I am so sorry, and I hope that progress as they need to so that you will have time to grieve and heal.

Sarah

patho521
01-23-2014, 12:18 PM
I've been through this more times than I care to admit so if you have any questions or need support feel free to message me. The cytotec didn't work for me. I took 2 rounds of it and it didn't work both times. I did end up having a D&C and it really is a very simple procedure. I know surgery sounds scary but it is appealing that you go to sleep and you wake up and it's over as opposed to miscarrying at home. Let me know if you have any questions

Mamabear4
01-24-2014, 08:09 AM
Thank you all for your support! I had the D&C yesterday - ultrasound revealed that nothing had been shed during the three treatments of cytotec. D&C was easy, mild cramping afterwards, but that's it. I'm relieved that now that the physical part of this is finally over, we can deal with the emotional part and move on. Already feels like a huge weight has been lifted!

Sweetsunshine
01-24-2014, 10:46 AM
I'm so sorry. You've been through a lot so I'm glad you're feeling better.

KDsMommy
01-24-2014, 12:05 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss :hug5: I'm glad that you are feeling better physically.

AnnieW625
01-24-2014, 01:57 PM
So sorry for your loss :grouphug:.

ArizonaGirl
01-24-2014, 04:38 PM
I'm glad that you can begin to heal now.

:hug:

Nooknookmom
01-27-2014, 02:51 AM
I rarely hop over here but did and I'm so sorry :(. May your healing begin.

ourbabygirl
01-28-2014, 01:01 AM
Just seeing this now... I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug: