PDA

View Full Version : Kind of silly, but this is super fun

Melaine
01-20-2014, 03:15 PM
Stylebook app. Since i have been buying a lot of new stuff, getting rid of tons of stuff and reevaluating my "style"...i thought i would try this. It is $4 so not free but i got it last night and have had a lot of fun. I think it would really help if I take the time to add all my clothes, which I could do in an evening or two since my closet is so pared down. Anyone try it?

Here is an example of what you can do. (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/275493702179708334/)

MamaMolly
01-21-2014, 08:26 PM
CUTENESS! I like your outfit :)

barkley1
01-21-2014, 08:37 PM
That looks really cool...going to buy when I get a chance to cash in an iTunes card.

123LuckyMom
01-21-2014, 08:41 PM
Cute! Thanks for the tip!

lovin2shop
01-22-2014, 02:11 PM
Very fun! Do you just take pictures of your clothing items and it crops out the outline?

Melaine
01-22-2014, 02:33 PM
Very fun! Do you just take pictures of your clothing items and it crops out the outline?

Yes....although if you can find the stock photo online it is easier. Some of my random vintage things are too hard to find but for current items it is easy to snag the photos online.

wallawala
01-25-2014, 05:38 PM
That's for the tip! Very much want to pare down my shopping-especially those impulse buys that languish in my closet.

Have you checked out Debbie Roes blog "recovering shopaholic"? She tracks all her purchases and how often they are worn. Was a really appealing concept to me, but seemed totally overwhelming. This app makes it pretty easy once everything is loaded in. It's going to take me a while to load in pics of my entire closet , but putting in new purchases with online photos is pretty easy.

This is going to make one of my big goals for 2014 (to be more intentional with purchases) actually happen !!

It looks fun to build outfits as well, but right now still nerding out over the stats it tracks for you!!

Love this, thank you!!!

cookiemonster80
01-26-2014, 02:10 AM
Ok so I want an app that you can put all of your clothes in and it will put together outfits FOR you- I'd pay big bucks!

Or it could even suggest a few key pieces and show you all the things you could do with it. and what about entering body dimensions so it takes into account things that may or may not flatter? Anyone know of one?? Wish I was a programmer :)

specialp
01-26-2014, 09:14 AM
:yeahthat: An app that recommended things would be fun.

I looked at it and it seemed so time consuming to enter in all of your clothes. I just take selfies of me wearing an outfit and have those in a folder in my cell phone. quick and easy. I've referred to it so many times while shopping in a store - particularly when I'm shopping out of season and can't remember what I have.

wallawala
01-26-2014, 03:59 PM
and what about entering body dimensions so it takes into account things that may or may not flatter? Anyone know of one?? Wish I was a programmer :)

Yup.. thats coming.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/30/meality-kiosk-booth-mybestfit-body-scan_n_1464782.html

There are scanners now in certain East Coast Malls ( http://www.me-ality.com/users/register) than can cutom fit you. Then you can shop with the clothes from retailers they partner with to get you exact fit and size. Just a few retailers now- but includes Bannana Republic/Atheleta! Don't know if they have an app, but it's an easy next step.

I live to far away, but would definately try it!!!