PDA

View Full Version : Oh, so Monday is a holiday?

twowhat?
01-20-2014, 10:45 PM
It was supposed to be a work holiday.

I have deadlines that don't move. I figured out that I could work half a day on this "day off" and then still be able to manage meeting my Tues deadlines (though it will be a scramble).

Got an email from client first thing this morning asking if I could do some stuff.

Ended up working most of the day.

AND now I'm working tonight too. HATE my job sometimes. If my DH wasn't in a contract position, and if I hadn't just gotten a promotion and huge raise, I think I'd start looking for something with less hours :/ One day!

crl
01-20-2014, 10:59 PM
:hug: Dh always, always works these kinds of holidays too. In fact he's going to end up working about twelve hours today. Sucks. :(

Catherine

sunnyside
01-21-2014, 02:44 AM
Yep, my company doesn't give these kinds of holidays. Just major ones like Christmas.

twowhat?
01-21-2014, 09:27 AM
Yep, my company doesn't give these kinds of holidays. Just major ones like Christmas.

See, our company does give these holidays. They're fairly generous with them, actually. But I think in part they are able to do it because they know that in this industry, the client facing folks have to work no matter what if the client demands it! So then it's like pouring salt into the wound. Sigh. It'd almost be better to not get these holidays but maybe get extra PTO/floating vacation days.

crl
01-21-2014, 10:27 AM
See, our company does give these holidays. They're fairly generous with them, actually. But I think in part they are able to do it because they know that in this industry, the client facing folks have to work no matter what if the client demands it! So then it's like pouring salt into the wound. Sigh. It'd almost be better to not get these holidays but maybe get extra PTO/floating vacation days.

Yes, at dh's office they technically have these holidays. And vacation. Hahahahaha. Staff takes the holidays. In reality, attorneys are expected to show up and work full days.

Catherine