PDA

View Full Version : ATT Wireless issuing statement credits and free text

ckso
01-21-2014, 11:16 PM
Ripped from SD

http://m.slickdeals.net/f/6621786-at-t-wireless-35-x-3-105-statement-credit-plus-6-months-free-text-messaging-120-plus-possible-early-upgrade-ymmv?

amatahrain
01-22-2014, 02:34 AM
Ripped from SD

http://m.slickdeals.net/f/6621786-at-t-wireless-35-x-3-105-statement-credit-plus-6-months-free-text-messaging-120-plus-possible-early-upgrade-ymmv?

I saw this on SD's the other day. Were you able to get your bill lowered or get the free texting? We have a family plan with 3 phones - no data or texting and it's $180ish each month. That includes a 20% corporate discount. It's brutal.

ckso
01-22-2014, 03:57 AM
I saw this on SD's the other day. Were you able to get your bill lowered or get the free texting? We have a family plan with 3 phones - no data or texting and it's $180ish each month. That includes a 20% corporate discount. It's brutal.

I have a family plan with 2 iphones and they offered me $35/mo for 3 month off PLUS free texting plan (which includes unlimited text and unlimited mobile to mobile calling to any carrier) for 6 months.

You can also discuss your account and see if they have other (more long term) discounts for you. For example, the texting plan is normally $30 but they can give it to you for $20. And if most of your calls are mobile to mobile, maybe you can lower your family rate plan which is what I ended up doing.

ZeeBaby
01-22-2014, 11:15 AM
Did you have to sign new contracts to get this deal

wendibird22
01-22-2014, 12:01 PM
Thanks for posting. I just did a very long (too long) online chat and the person didn't offer me jack. But she did offer to have her manager call me in a few hours.

ckso
01-22-2014, 01:01 PM
Did you have to sign new contracts to get this deal

Nope.

Thanks for posting. I just did a very long (too long) online chat and the person didn't offer me jack. But she did offer to have her manager call me in a few hours.

I didn't do chat but you have to talk to retention department and not regular customer service. But if a manager will call you back, then they'll probably offer you something? I think that's what somebody posted on SD.

indigo99
01-22-2014, 01:05 PM
Maybe people were having more luck with this last week, but they probably know that it's online now and are more suspicious of people threatening to cancel. I'm not at all good at threats and trying to get things I don't feel like I deserve. I just said that I felt like I was paying more than I should be and am looking around but wanted to see if they could lower my bill any first. I got a $45 credit on my next bill. I also lowered my minutes to reduce my bill by $10 a month because I don't usually use them all, and he gave me 2,500 rollover minutes in case I do go over.

ckso
01-22-2014, 01:21 PM
Maybe people were having more luck with this last week, but they probably know that it's online now and are more suspicious of people threatening to cancel. I'm not at all good at threats and trying to get things I don't feel like I deserve. I just said that I felt like I was paying more than I should be and am looking around but wanted to see if they could lower my bill any first. I got a $45 credit on my next bill. I also lowered my minutes to reduce my bill by $10 a month because I don't usually use them all, and he gave me 2,500 rollover minutes in case I do go over.

I didn't threaten to cancel either. I just said I'm currently with ATT for cellular, uverse, home phone and internet and that I'd like my account reviewed to see if there's any discounts I'm eligible for. It was actually really easy and the majority of the time I was on the phone was waiting for her to input in the system.

army_mom
01-22-2014, 03:12 PM
so I am on the line with AT&T right now. I didn't threaten to cancel either. Just said we were going on a budget diet and wanted to see if there were any discounts available for our account. We have 2 iPhones on our account and I have been with AT&T since they were Cingular. I was offered $35 for three months and free messaging ($30 per month) for 6 months. We have the lowest plan of 550 minutes and still have the grandfathered unlimited data plan so I was happy with what we got. I guess I will call again in 6 months and see what we can get :)

PS I also HATE calling and canceling things but it was really easy. I hate it so much I don't do XM radio (stream Spotify instead) anymore because you have to call and cancel and I find it an annoying process that I can't cancel online. My total call time was 12 minutes and most of that was on hold while she searched for discounts and entered things in. Easy!

wendibird22
01-22-2014, 03:22 PM
The manager called me back and offered me the same stuff that the CS rep did (both were changing me to plans that increased my costs!!). She finally transferred me to Retention and I got a nice lady who sounded like my mom. She offered me free texting for 6 mos (so $30 discount) and the 2500 rollover minutes. It'll do for the next 6mo and give me time to consider jumping to another carrier.

ZeeBaby
01-22-2014, 04:32 PM
Thanks OP. We were able to get the $30 a month discount as well. We already had over 2500 rollover minutes.

We also get a discount via our employers so I am happy.

kellij
01-23-2014, 12:52 PM
I totally struck out. He just commented on how lucky we are to be grandfathered into the unlimited data plan, which is true. So there you have it. I also called cox because our bill jumped 26 this month and was told what a bargain I'm getting there too. I think I'll try again a different day, today is not my day for getting discounts!

lovebebes
01-23-2014, 03:02 PM
I saw this on SD, and i called this morning and got $30 off our bill for the next 6 months. However. I also went to tmobile site to price out what it cost if i was to go with them and holy cow, we would be saving exactly $100 a month.

thelilprincess
01-24-2014, 04:28 AM
I totally struck out. He just commented on how lucky we are to be grandfathered into the unlimited data plan, which is true. So there you have it. I also called cox because our bill jumped 26 this month and was told what a bargain I'm getting there too. I think I'll try again a different day, today is not my day for getting discounts!

keep calling back and trying a different customer service rep. my husband only cared about getting the early upgrade. he unfortunately jumped into the pool after our daughter with his then new iPhone 5 so he's been using an old iphone 4 and ineligible for upgrade discount. he got them to give him the discounted price and waived the upgrade fee. we are also grandfathered into data and i think i pay $10 each for 2000 texts each. so whatever "discount" they tried to sell him was a wash - he was like that doesn't save me any money. the reps all seem to have the same "script" to read. but he finally got someone who was like, you're right, that doesn't save you any money.

army_mom
02-23-2014, 12:16 AM
Just wanted to say we received our first bill today since this and it went from $145 to $33?!? Not sure exactly if this is just for the first month but so excited!! We were supposed to get $35 credit x3 months and free texting x 6 months and we couldn't figure out how it dropped all the way to $33 so anyone else pleasantly surprised?! We have two iPhones and are past the two year contract by a few days, if that matters.