PDA

View Full Version : worst thing to find in your washing machine!

♥ms.pacman♥
01-22-2014, 12:02 AM
Nope, not a piece of poop- BTDT and the cleanup was not a big deal and that was actually FUNNY.

it is a
disposable diaper.

OMG, all those little effing crystals. Imagine a billion sticky, clingy little pieces of gel, coating the entire inside of the washer with a thick layer... and worst of all every single article of clothing (probably 100 pcs - Hanna, Gymbo, boden...socks, underwear, etc). seriously, the cleanup from Hades. I seriously wanted to cry when i saw it. I pretty much spent an hour trying to whack each piece of clothing to shake it off, to little avail. And then trying to sweep up and vacuum all of it that was covering our floor while DH cleaned the inside of the washer.

You think i would have learned my lesson by now, especially after the poo incident (DD had tossed a piece of poop in her hamper and i didn't realize it till after the washer had ran) and would carefully check the contents before i just tossed it in. But this time there was SO much stuff and i just tossed it all in. And I was in a hurry, seeing kids hampers were already full right before bed, and had that annoying realizing "time to do laundry...AGAIN??" and trying to throw in a load. I wouldn't think DD would toss a diaper in there but I guess i was wrong.

Some days I feel so defeated..why can't stuff be simple sometimes. I hate when you think you're just getting on top of things and then it just comes back to bite you in the a$$.

Seriously, i'd rather have had a piece of poop in there. I think an exploded disposable diaper is probably the worst thing to have to clean up. Those little pieces stick to everything.

twowhat?
01-22-2014, 12:16 AM
Oh ugh I can imagine what a mess that is!!! You may have to run them through the dryer and then through the wash again?

Those little gel beads are awful...I stepped on DD2's (very full from overnight) pullup one morning (she left it on the bathroom floor) and it exploded little gel beads everywhere...gel beads filled with pee. On my feet, all over the floor. Impossible to wipe up because they are so sticky - they just roll around. So yikes, I would NOT have wanted to deal with that all over laundry!

ilfaith
01-22-2014, 12:34 AM
I did that once. What a mess.

okinawama
01-22-2014, 01:06 AM
I have been there....at least a half a dozen times. DS1 takes his pj pants and pull up off together, and then throws both items into the hamper. I kick myself every time it happens! Good luck with the clean up!

urquie
01-22-2014, 01:07 AM
That happened to me a while back, and I came here for help. :-). Here's what worked for us...

"we did another load and used oxyclean and salt (ideas from a google search - they are suppose to help dissolve the little beads). everything is back to normal!"

lizzywednesday
01-22-2014, 09:35 AM
Yuck.

My DD went through a phase where she INSISTED on putting her overnight diaper into her hamper in the morning, so I'd have to go through after she'd undressed & stick it into the trash bin.

Occasionally, I'd miss one, but I'd be lucky enough to catch it before it went into the wash.

maybeebaby08
01-22-2014, 09:57 AM
Ugh! I've had that happen too! Biggest pain!

123LuckyMom
01-22-2014, 10:29 AM
I've never had it happen, but I can imagine the horror! I'm sooooo sorry!

pastrygirl
01-22-2014, 06:15 PM
Yeah, run a cycle on hot with half a box of Kosher salt. Maybe twice.

lmh2402
01-22-2014, 11:47 PM
I did that once. What a mess.

:yeahthat: hugs, mama. sorry you're having a crappy day

♥ms.pacman♥
01-23-2014, 12:12 AM
thank you everyone. luckily with dh cleaning the washer and then doing a rinse cycle on everything (after shaking every piece out) was able to get it out. lesson learned for me to always check the hampers before just dumping stuff in!

mom2beofboy/girltwins
01-23-2014, 06:15 AM
Yup, you're definitely not alone. Unfortunately, I've done this more than once. I had to do what you did - shake off as much as possible and then rewash one or more times. A total PITA and one of those things that makes you so mad at yourself!

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

hellokitty
01-23-2014, 09:36 AM
Yeah, it's a pita, but a couple of cycles and it will be ok. Look on the bright side. At least it wasn't a dead animal, lol.

pastrygirl
01-23-2014, 10:26 AM
Yup, you're definitely not alone. Unfortunately, I've done this more than once. I had to do what you did - shake off as much as possible and then rewash one or more times. A total PITA and one of those things that makes you so mad at yourself!

Sent from my KFSOWI using TapatalkBut the salt really works! Just re-run the load with half a box of salt on as hot a temp as you can for the items that are in there. The salt melts the pebbles. No need to clean out the washer. :)

OKKiddo
01-23-2014, 02:07 PM
Nope, not a piece of poop- BTDT and the cleanup was not a big deal and that was actually FUNNY.

it is a
disposable diaper.

OMG, all those little effing crystals. Imagine a billion sticky, clingy little pieces of gel, coating the entire inside of the washer with a thick layer... and worst of all every single article of clothing (probably 100 pcs - Hanna, Gymbo, boden...socks, underwear, etc). seriously, the cleanup from Hades. I seriously wanted to cry when i saw it. I pretty much spent an hour trying to whack each piece of clothing to shake it off, to little avail. And then trying to sweep up and vacuum all of it that was covering our floor while DH cleaned the inside of the washer.

You think i would have learned my lesson by now, especially after the poo incident (DD had tossed a piece of poop in her hamper and i didn't realize it till after the washer had ran) and would carefully check the contents before i just tossed it in. But this time there was SO much stuff and i just tossed it all in. And I was in a hurry, seeing kids hampers were already full right before bed, and had that annoying realizing "time to do laundry...AGAIN??" and trying to throw in a load. I wouldn't think DD would toss a diaper in there but I guess i was wrong.

Some days I feel so defeated..why can't stuff be simple sometimes. I hate when you think you're just getting on top of things and then it just comes back to bite you in the a$$.

Seriously, i'd rather have had a piece of poop in there. I think an exploded disposable diaper is probably the worst thing to have to clean up. Those little pieces stick to everything.

I can commiserate! It never fails to make me want to bang my head and scream! I have learned though, that after the scoop up and out of the washer, RLR helps wash it off the clothes. I'll have to try the oxyclean and salt trick next time to compare. And yeah, mine are from DS2 and his pull up hidden in pj's. :(