PDA

View Full Version : HR- get your act together!

cookiemonster80
01-22-2014, 12:49 PM
You've had our information, plan selections, FSA/HSA elections since December 6th. get your act together. I need ID cards, I need my HSA debit card, I need my FSA dependent care claim form so I can start getting reimbursed for childcare expenses. Hell, I need to know WHO is even administering this stuff.

And don't act all irked that I asked you about it again- it's been a week since I last asked. I'm not the only one who needs this info- stop acting like I'm super annoying and needy. I have kids, we need to go the doc. DH has some kind of bacterial infection on his arm that is getting worse daily and we can't get it treated BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ANY MEDICAL INSURANCE INFORMATION. I have prescriptions to fill that I'm currently paying the full cash price because I don't know my information!. GIVE ME THE STUFF I NEED!

So- now that's almost a whole month without any benefits available to me and thereby unusable-will you refund me the $800 I paid this month for premiums?

crl
01-22-2014, 02:03 PM
Oh my, I would be beyond pissed. When I had trouble getting hr to do things (Never anything this egregious!) my boss would intervene. She was able to elevate things up the food chain until someone made things get done. Do you have any kind of recourse like that? I think you would be very justified in elevating this as much as necessary to get your benefits in place.

Catherine

dogmom
01-22-2014, 02:25 PM
Is there a head of HR? I would be email/calling them at this point, there should be a plan. And the bacterial infection on the arm is scary, you can't let that go. (She says as a surgical ICU nurse that sees what happens if it goes to long.....)

mikala
01-22-2014, 03:25 PM
Is there a head of HR? I would be email/calling them at this point, there should be a plan. And the bacterial infection on the arm is scary, you can't let that go. (She says as a surgical ICU nurse that sees what happens if it goes to long.....)

Yeah that, I'd escalate higher if possible. I'd ask them who you can send your receipts to for prompt reimbursement and what insurance information you should give your doctor for your husbands appointment this week. Is it possible you don't even have insurance right now?

lovin2shop
01-22-2014, 03:28 PM
Oh my, this is really, really bad! People raise a huge uproar in my company if we even get to Jan 3rd or 4th without cards. Sometimes, we can't help it, we're at the mercy of the insurance company, but by the 22nd, it is ridiculous. I agree, this needs to be elevated to the highest level possible.

Simon
01-22-2014, 04:05 PM
Yikes! I agree with going up the chain of command. FWIW, we've always been able to schedule and go to appts even without a physical copy of the card because they can look us up in the system. Perhaps your Dh can be seen without it?

ahisma
01-22-2014, 04:16 PM
Do you have the plan documents? Can you call the insurance company directly? I do compliance for a (small) insurer - that would never fly. If it happened, we'd have it resolved the same day.

Can HR put you in contact directly with the insurer? Even if they self insure, they should likely have a contract with a company to administer the claims. They should be able to get you up and running ASAP.

KLD313
01-22-2014, 08:07 PM
Is it possible they just don't have anything from the insurance company yet? I buy my own insurance because I'm unmarried and dont work. I'm having the same problem you are. I can't even get through to the insurance company unless I sit on hold for 2hrs. They sent the bills out late so they didn't come until the beginning of Jan and then were oh so kind by extending the deadline to pay until the 31st. I cant get my thyroid blood work done which I need, badly, had to cancel DD's well check and also paid for prescriptions.