PDA

View Full Version : BRU- the great trade in.....

zag95
01-22-2014, 05:41 PM
Hi all-
Just need a clarification regarding the great trade in, which starts Fri 1/24:

It is my understanding that if you trade in an item (in my case and expired infant car seat and bases), that you will get a coupon for 25% off- and that can only be used for items in the store, correct?? Or can I order something online that BRU carries??

Looking at some upcoming car seats.

DD2 is riding in a BR MA that will be expiring later in the spring- and we'll need to get one for Grandma's car too.DD2 is 18 mos- almost 35 inches and 31 lbs.

DD1 is currently riding in FR 85s- she is 49 inches and 49 lbs, at age 6.

Thanks for any clarification

YouAreTheFocus
01-22-2014, 06:42 PM
Yes, the 25% off can only be used in store, and only on the same day you do the trade in. So you have to make sure that they have the item you want in store/in stock before you hand your trade-in over!

echoesofspring
01-22-2014, 06:46 PM
The online ad says in stores only and only on the day of the trade in.
I tried to cut and paste the fine print but it turns out it's an image....
http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4346706

HTH

echoesofspring
01-22-2014, 06:47 PM
Sorry, duplicate ;)

Kjlyttle
01-23-2014, 06:52 PM
Do you ladies know if BRU price matches, then gives the 25% off??

amatahrain
01-24-2014, 05:09 PM
I was just reading their facebook page and they said yes you can trade in a crib. "Hi Jamie. The 25% savings you receive for trading in your crib, car seat, bassinet, stroller, travel system, play yard, high chair, walker, swing, bouncer, entertainer or toddler/twin bed may be used for in-store purchases only."

Also, they said "no" to ordering online/from the store. However - there were other customers that commented when they ordered from the baby registry table (you don't need a registry) that yes, they did in fact take 25% off. This was my experience a few years ago. They said no when I emailed asking but the store gave me 25% off when I asked in person. Remember the item can't be a Hot Deal item (which eliminates a good bit!) or a high end brand like Peg Perego, Phil & Ted's etc.

Amy G
01-24-2014, 05:17 PM
The coupon can only be used for the items listed on the ad, correct? I don't need any of those things yet, but I have two car seats I need to get rid of!

scrooks
01-24-2014, 05:30 PM
Has anyone found any actual great deals with this promotion? I have a bunch of items I could dump and I need a few things but nothing seems like a screaming deal to me...BRU prices seem so high to begin with. fwiw I am looking at britax car seats and potentially a high chair...

azzeps
01-24-2014, 08:55 PM
So do they recycle what can be recycled from what's traded? I have an old car seat that I've been meaning to recycle. Maybe I should check out their FB page.

abh5e8
01-24-2014, 08:57 PM
so what is everyone buying with the 25percent off? i have a pair of cosco sceneras that are expired, in my garage.

azzeps
01-24-2014, 09:12 PM
So this is what I found on their FB page about what they do with all the stuff... I wonder if "disposal" means they recycle what they can and the rest gets trashed? I would imagine that would be really expensive to have their staff sorting through all that stuff and pulling out what's recyclable and what's not? I know there are only certain parts of car seats that can be recycled, and probably none of the other stuff that people trade-in is recyclable. I think even if it's usable and not expired and still safe, it still gets trashed. That's kind of sad. I'm really not sure why I'm so hung up on this!!!!

Jaime Arlian: What happens to all of the old stuff that people trade in?

Babies "R" Us: Hi Jaime. Items brought to our stores will be disposed of properly so they can’t be put back into circulation. We consulted with product safety organizations, and they agreed that disposal of these items is necessary.

azzeps
01-24-2014, 09:31 PM
I'm not sure what I'd get. We are ok car seat wise for our cars, but in Grandma's car, we have a little Graco seat that my nephew rides in that is expiring in a couple months. But I'm wondering if I could find a good deal for Grandma... it seems that the 25% has to be used on something "full price" so it may not be such a deal if only the really expensive seats are full price, and we could get a cheaper seat that's "on sale." I guess I'll have to go in to the store and look at what's available. I'm trying to do a little pre-shopping on line to see what they have in store before I call my mom and get her on board. She is the one who'd have to buy it because my brother & SIL don't "believe" in the expired seats thing and wouldn't care... sigh.