PDA

View Full Version : Rock n Play from start

flashy09
01-24-2014, 09:46 AM
I starting using the Rock n Play for night sleep when DD was 5 weeks old and it was fantastic. Is there any reason I can't use it from the very start with the new baby at night? I have the deluxe padded version and it never affected DD's head, I know that's a possible concern with the harder backed version.

Philly Mom
01-24-2014, 10:18 AM
I used it from the start and transitioned to the crib by 6 weeks. It is great for a newborn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amom526
01-24-2014, 10:22 AM
I used it from the start with ds2, and would do it again. He did have some flat head issues, but there were a few different factors that all contributed.

DualvansMommy
01-24-2014, 11:18 AM
I have it downstairs for the baby's naps and long stretch of rest, as I already had a cradle to use in our bedroom. Go for it ! It's what I did, started using pack & play immediately coming home from the hospital with both DS.

BabyBearsMom
01-24-2014, 12:09 PM
I used it for DD2 as a newborn, no problem. She usually just napped in it. At night, she slept in an Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper. But we loved the Rock N' Play

LLongVA
01-24-2014, 06:44 PM
I used the Rock N' Play from the start until my DD was 6 weeks. She also had issues with flat head so I'm not sure what was the cause. Otherwise, she did great and slept very well in it.

flashy09
01-24-2014, 08:33 PM
For the posters with the flat head issues, did you have a regular or deluxe version? I had DD in the RNP from 5 weeks until 5 months and she was fine, but it is on the back of my mind. I do have a Co Sleeper I could use, but DD slept so much better in the RNP due to spitting up badly and I loved being able to rock her from my bed and have her a little more upright.

Snow mom
01-24-2014, 11:48 PM
My DS slept in his from birth to four months. We had the basic one and no issues with flat head.

Beth24
01-25-2014, 01:39 AM
My DS slept in his from birth to four months. We had the basic one and no issues with flat head.

Same with us.

LLongVA
01-25-2014, 08:59 AM
We had the regular one. My DD has a large head which probably contributed to her flat head. It was symmetrical and didn't need any type of remediation. I'm not certain it had anything to do with the Rock N Play.

daniele_ut
02-05-2014, 08:39 PM

Same here, though I used a Boppy Noggin nest with it to avoid any flat head issues.

happymom
02-05-2014, 08:43 PM
OP, I was also considering using a Rock n' Play for DS starting now, but my concern was that he would get used to sleeping on an incline and wouldn't sleep as well flat on his back once he transitioned to the crib. Not sure if that's a valid concern or just something I made up in my head ;). I ended up getting the Arms Reach Cosleeper (mini) and so far so good. I have the Rock n' Play in the back of my mind though if DS ends up showing reflux issues at all.

georgiegirl
02-05-2014, 09:01 PM
We used it from the start. Ds2 slept in there until about 3.5 months when it seemed like he just wasn't comfortable in there. We cosleep now. I wish I had one when Ds1 was little, since we slept in the swing and developed torticollis. Ds2 has a lovely round head, but he was in the rock and play only for half of the night (then I moved him into bed with me,).

flashy09
02-12-2014, 11:33 AM
I have been doing the co sleeper, but the spit up problem seems to be happening again.....sopping wet hair, pools of puke, etc. Will move into the RNP tonight...