PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

cookiemonster80
01-24-2014, 11:57 AM
We thought the perfect job was working out for DH across country near family. Everything was perfect and we were almost done with the negotiating process when it fell through at the last minute :(.
We have a good situation where we are but really have been looking for something exactly like this for years. I mentally have already planned the next 6 months with putting the house up for sale, travel plans, even what I was going to consign in march!
Clearly it wasn't meant to be but I'm still crushed.
Now I can go back to working on the kids photo books at night instead of organizing all the closets cabinets and drawers.

truly scrumptious
01-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Bummer bummer bummer. :hug:
I hope it means something better is around the corner.

Philly Mom
01-24-2014, 12:32 PM
That sounds incredibly disappointing. Hope something better is just around the corner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

123LuckyMom
01-24-2014, 02:42 PM
I'm so sorry! It's hard to get all excited about something and then have it fall through. Hugs to you!

belovedgandp
01-24-2014, 04:09 PM
So sorry that is extremely frustrating.

We had a similar thing almost 8 years ago now. It is a big mental shift. I'd purged things, packed holiday decorations differently, done all sorts of things over a six month period when I thought the next year was going one direction. When we didn't do the change it was harder than I thought to jump back into our old life. I was able to get into a preschool after all and all that good stuff, but it did take a while. Good luck. Hopefully a better opportunity is right around the corner.

In the end we had a rough three year period after the lull, but the past three have been fantastic and it did all work out.

KpbS
01-24-2014, 04:27 PM
I'm sorry. :( It's hard to shift gears like that.

AnnieW625
01-24-2014, 04:28 PM
Samething happened to DH back in 2004 we got our hopes up for moving to Oklahoma (cheaper COL, not in tornado or hurricane alley, and it was a city bigger than 10K people--pretty much my only requirements for DH if he was looking for work outside of CA) and DH had done a phone interview or two and the job was basically his and we were all hyped up to go out and visit once they gave us the okay to do so and then all of a suddens the feds. pulled the funding for the project (it was a DOD job). DH was really bummed out as he'd been out of work for over a year, but I know how you are feeling. Lots of hugs and hope something else comes his way. Dh got the job he has now a few months later IIRC so maybe something better will come up too for you.