PDA

View Full Version : Steroids and other annoyances of my week

lalasmama
01-24-2014, 11:56 PM
I just need to whine.

I had a bad asthma attack on Wednesday, so I'm on steroids.

I have barely slept in 3 days because of the steroids.

I'm in the middle of a relapse with my MS, which has a horrible heat-intolerance aspect. I can't take a shower warmer than my body temperature without getting overheated.

We're in the middle of moving to a new house. DH has had 3/4 of the house packed up. He's been pacing around the house if he's not packing... This has been going on for a week.

Because of the above move, almost all our clothes are packed.

DD and I are going to meet her first foster mom in the morning. Of course, I want her to look well cared for, well dressed, well groomed. Prideful? Perhaps. But this woman cared for DD for the first 15 months of her life. I want her to see DD and think, "She's in the right forever home." But all DD's clothes are packed. Meaning she's going in jeans that are a size too small, and a sweatshirt 2 sizes too big, unless I can find her something suitable. But DH doesn't know where the boxes of DD's clothes are.

The steroids make me an emotional mess.

elephantmeg
01-25-2014, 09:08 AM
aww! so sorry! Can you go out and buy something new for her?

MMMommy
01-25-2014, 11:49 AM
:hug5: I am sorry! Hope you feel better soon.

Seitvonzu
01-25-2014, 11:59 AM
i think this is a perfect excuse for a "just because" new outfit! :) would dd enjoy that? :)

hellokitty
01-25-2014, 12:35 PM
i think this is a perfect excuse for a "just because" new outfit! :) would dd enjoy that? :)

Yup, I'd go to target and buy her a new outfit for her meet up. I hope that you feel better soon. I was on steriods for several wks and it totally screwed me up for MONTHS, esp the sleep/mood part. So, yeah, it's frustrating to be totally out of sorts.

StantonHyde
01-25-2014, 03:37 PM
I hope the meet up went well and that you were able to snag something cute an cheap somewhere!! I don't think it is at ALL prideful to want her to look well cared for. You want this woman to see what a great mom you are and how well DD is doing. I hope she is very happy for both of you!!

lalasmama
01-26-2014, 02:00 AM
Clothing saved! DD had her new-from-Christmas sweatshirt that she didn't pack early! We found the only jeans that weren't too small, and she wore them a second time. The meeting went great! It was like she was a long-lost friend. Their older kids remembered DD, and she went romping off with them like it hadn't been 8 years since DD had left.

I still am majorly cranky (DH was shocked when I didn't want to shop tonight), but I assume that's the steroids. ... And having 8 people tell me how to arrange my furniture. For the first time ever, MIL whispered conspiringly to me, "just move it around when everybody leaves. This is YOUR house!" I told her that was my exact plan. I think that's the first time we've seen eye to eye.

Now, it's time for bed before 10pm, because, dammit, I've been up since 6am, and I'm cranky.

I won't get into our diet today.... Starbucks for breakfast, McDonalds for lunch, warmed over McDonalds for dinner. Oy vey.

StantonHyde
01-26-2014, 11:18 PM
Moving, it's not for wimps!!! Glad the meet up went well!!

mackmama
02-03-2014, 12:12 AM
So sorry - sounds like way too much on your plate. Hugs!