PDA

View Full Version : What a great way to start my day!

petesgirl
01-27-2014, 12:03 PM
DH gets home from work as I'm getting ready for the day and we have this conversation :

Him: i can tell you are getting close to having the baby.
Me: um.. OK, how?
Him: because I can see it in your face. You are starting to look like you do in the pictures after A was born.
Me: oh, so my face looks fat. Thanks a lot.

So, I'm just going to hide under a rock all day! I hate the pictures from DS's birth because my face was huge due to it being the middle of summer and me needing an I.V. After he was born. I thought I was looking pretty good this time, but apparently not.

TwinFoxes
01-27-2014, 12:47 PM
Aw, I'm sure you look beautiful. :hug:

Seitvonzu
01-27-2014, 03:51 PM
oh geeze....way to insert foot in mouth DH! :( i'm sure you are just glowing extra pretty! he needs to bring you some flowers or something!

ccather
01-27-2014, 10:12 PM
I'm sure in husband speak that means, "You are resplendent with an awesome glow only found in postpardum women....and of course, it is the more marvelous since it is you, my most beautiful wife and mother of my children." Yes. I am most sure this is what he meant. Men, they some times stumble with their words :)

I'm sure you're fabulous and lovely!

georgiegirl
01-27-2014, 10:19 PM
Ugh. Why do they even open their mouthes?

At the end of my pregnancy with ds1, mil said, "you didn't get fat in your face." Granted she is foreign, but still, um thanks.

dogmom
01-28-2014, 10:04 AM
I'm sure in husband speak that means, "You are resplendent with an awesome glow only found in postpardum women....and of course, it is the more marvelous since it is you, my most beautiful wife and mother of my children." Yes. I am most sure this is what he meant. Men, they some times stumble with their words :)

Yes that!!! You look like an earth goddess bringing life into the world. Although I completely understand the hormonal thing.

Go to him and say, "I need you to say: I know the baby is coming soon because you have that glow in your face, because I know you didn't mean my face is fat."

mackmama
02-03-2014, 12:14 AM

:yeahthat: Stop talking DH. :)