PDA

View Full Version : Boden Sample Sale 2/1 Boston

SunshineWedding
01-29-2014, 03:27 PM
Has anyone been to this before? Is it worth it to brave what I imagine will be huge crowds? Love to hear everyone's thoughts. TIA

Mommy_Mea
01-29-2014, 04:10 PM
Has anyone been to this before? Is it worth it to brave what I imagine will be huge crowds? Love to hear everyone's thoughts. TIA

Against my better judgement, I am going LOL. There are a number of older threads (some started by me!) where people weighed in on the experience. Mostly it sounds a little crazy, and full of Ebayers just filling bags. And hours just to check out.

But a friend and I are making a morning of it. Figure it can't hurt to try once :)

cvanbrunt
01-29-2014, 04:20 PM
I went once. For like 9 seconds. It's awful. No discount (which was unimpressive) is worth that. Save the money it will cost you to park at the Pru and you will have paid for shipping twice.

Mommy_Mea
02-01-2014, 03:09 PM
So I went this morning and in the end I was happy. We got there close to when doors opened, and the line was INSANE. But once doors opened, it moved really quickly, I think we waited less then 30 minutes? Once inside it was a free for all, but I just patiently went to my tables and ended up with a few cute things for myself and the boys. Checkout line wasn't too bad, maybe 20 minutes?

The prices aren't crazy stacking-code cheap, but they are decent for some items. But there was the $5 table! I got 2 t-shirts and a dress from there. And I really liked that I could try everything on and really touch all the items. I return a very high percentage of what I buy from Boden online, so being able to touch, feel, put back or try on was really nice.

My friend and I had fun, and I think we may go again in a year. Everyone was super friendly and courteous, so at least when I went in, no one was trampling each other for an applique T.

Parking was painfully expensive, and we didn't even park at the Pru. But that was my fault for not planning ahead better.