PDA

View Full Version : Clothing funny!

BabbyO
02-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Last week I asked you all to dress me for DH's grandma's funeral. And I greatly appreciate the suggestions. I was able to get to Kohls and find a nice Sweater dress (http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1458257/chaps-solid-faux-wrap-sweaterdress.jsp?crosssell=true) in Navy blue that worked super well because it was COLD on Friday. I wore grey tights and my burgundy shoes.

So here's where the funny part came in. I haven't worn tights/pantyhose in 20 years. Honest. I've either gone bare legged or worn thigh highs. Thigh Highs were introduced to me in HS and the freedom of not having to get half undressed to go to the bathroom was just too much for me to pass up.

Alas, on Thursday when I was shopping, I thought the dress would look much better with grey opaque tights than my sheer thigh highs. (funny thing - they don't make thigh highs - at least the brands I can get around here - in opaque. They should).

So Fri AM I was getting dressed and it was like watching Mel Gibson in What Women Want trying on all the women's products....seriously, I could not figure out how to get both legs in those darn tights at the same time. I know you have to roll them up to the toes...and putting the first leg in wasn't the problem...it was what to do when trying to get my second leg in. DH and I were in hysterics as I lay on the bed after falling backward trying to get them on. So there is my clothing funny.

And. They should make thigh highs in Opaque! :)

HipMama
02-03-2014, 04:09 PM
Lol!!
Tip: You do the whole rolling and toe inserting and then pull up each side, alternating back and forth.

BabbyO
02-03-2014, 04:28 PM
Lol!!
Tip: You do the whole rolling and toe inserting and then pull up each side, alternating back and forth.

I was trying to do that...but I'm WAY out of practice. Just getting the second foot in was tripping me up...literally! :hysterical: