PDA

View Full Version : Vacuums in store at Costco?

kaitlyns.mom
02-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Does anyone know which vacuums Costco has in-store right now? Ours is toast and we need a replacement ASAP... I usually order from Amazon but I'd like a better return policy if we hate it.

Also, what do you use for vacuuming stairs? Canister vac or upright?

OKKiddo
02-03-2014, 11:45 PM
Our Costco had the Shark Navigator, a upper model Bissel ($200?), Dyson, and one other Shark vaccuum that wasn't the Navigator....

OKKiddo
02-03-2014, 11:47 PM
Oh, and I'm always wishing for a canister vac for my stairs. I HATE carpeted stairs!! I passionately hate carpet now and make my husband vacuum the stairs. My dream house will have radiant heated stained and polished concrete floors. Oh, and my dream house will be a single story because I also hate stairs. ;)

kaitlyns.mom
02-04-2014, 02:22 AM
Our Costco had the Shark Navigator, a upper model Bissel ($200?), Dyson, and one other Shark vaccuum that wasn't the Navigator....
Thanks! I am considering the Shark Lift-Off Professional one... it seems to get really good reviews. They have it at Sam's too, and Sam's is closer, but I don't know how their return policy compares.

Oh, and I'm always wishing for a canister vac for my stairs. I HATE carpeted stairs!! I passionately hate carpet now and make my husband vacuum the stairs. My dream house will have radiant heated stained and polished concrete floors. Oh, and my dream house will be a single story because I also hate stairs. ;)
Yes, carpeted stairs are annoying! We have carpet in our living room downstairs, and then the whole upstairs (except the bathrooms, of course ;)). We pulled out the old carpeting when we bought this house and I wanted hard floors throughout but DH was very opposed.

OKKiddo
02-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Thanks! I am considering the Shark Lift-Off Professional one... it seems to get really good reviews. They have it at Sam's too, and Sam's is closer, but I don't know how their return policy compares.

Yes, carpeted stairs are annoying! We have carpet in our living room downstairs, and then the whole upstairs (except the bathrooms, of course ;)). We pulled out the old carpeting when we bought this house and I wanted hard floors throughout but DH was very opposed.

I think this 3 story townhouse and the dogs and muddy backyard has finally convinced my DH that a house without carpet would be a happier, cleaner house indeed! Dogs + kids + usual dirt/dust = NO MORE CARPET!