PDA

View Full Version : How wet do you get on Splash Mountain?

KrisM
02-04-2014, 10:48 AM
Soaked?

BunnyBee
02-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Sometimes soaked, but definitely wet. The seats are usually soaking wet, so your butt is wet and you get splashed from the top. We wear ponchos, but we usually go in cooler times of the year.

wendibird22
02-04-2014, 11:15 AM
Plan on getting soaked. The initial impact soaked my hair and the secondary lapping of water into the boat soaked me from the waist down.

KrisM
02-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Ugh. Was hoping for more of a log ride experience! Thanks. I hate being soaked and having squishy shoes :)

Tinkerbell313
02-04-2014, 02:49 PM
Ok...We haven't had the soaked experience...but we also do not go during hot months (I think they change the water sprays depending on the outside temps; sometimes they turn the cannons off) . We have been first week of june/last week of sept/last week of Oct/beginning of Dec/end of January (the ride is usually in refurb at this time). We have gotten wet but more like a quick spray...heavier than a sprinkle but not a steady rain that dries very quickly. The seats are wet at times...but we dry off by the time we finish walking through the shop at the end of SM.

It also depends on when another log is going down the big hill on the other side as it splashes over on to your log. So its all in the timing. Another factor is where you sit in the boat as well as how heavy the boat is (from the weight of the passengers)

Now on Kali River Rapids we get soaked. We take off our sneakers and make sure we are not wearing white on this ride.

egoldber
02-04-2014, 03:01 PM
I have also never gotten soaked. Wet yes, but not soaked.

Another factor is where you sit in the boat as well as how heavy the boat is (from the weight of the passengers)

Right.

Kali is a completely different story!

onyx8
02-04-2014, 03:16 PM
Here's the deal: If it's a hot day, they have these water cannons that spray when the logs come down. If you are in the log that came down the shoot, you don't get too wet. if you are in the log that is WAITING on the left of the final drop (waiting to go up into one of the initial parts of the ride), you will get SOAKED by this cannon when it goes off. The back rows will get totally drenched.

On a not so hot day you will only get moderately wet, but the seats are often wet when you get it, so your butt does get wet either way.

keh602
02-04-2014, 03:19 PM
I've never gotten soaked. Last May I got the wettest I've ever been, but that was because the ride kept stopping, and we got caught after the big drop near some cannon that kept splashing me. I think of it as more of a log flume ride for sure.

123LuckyMom
02-04-2014, 03:25 PM
I've never gotten soaked. I've gotten splashed like in any flume ride, but not truly wet. I've never gone in the summer, though. It would make sense that in summer they turn up the wet factor. In Kali River Rapids, I've gotten completely soaked!!! This last trip I made everybody change into water shoes and wear ponchos for Kali!

wendibird22
02-04-2014, 03:51 PM
That's so funny to read because we were there Jan 2 and Jan 5. DH and BIL got soaked on Jan 2 (and it was raining on/off all day and not warm) and I got soaked on Jan 5. Both days were only 60deg at most. No cannons going off. Just soaked from the last drop when the boat hit the water. I was sitting with 40lb DD1 in the front seat. My entire right side of my body (I was sitting in the right side) was soaked from hip to toe. It was the last ride we did that day so we didn't mind that we were both wet.

123LuckyMom
02-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Maybe when they recently (last spring) refurbished it they upped the wet factor. I don't mind my clothes getting wet so much, but I hate having wet feet! I'll remember my water shoes next time!

TwinFoxes
02-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Sometimes I've gotten soaked, and sometimes I've barely gotten wet. Once my poor DD was absolutely drenched, she seemed to be the only one in our whole log! It's like all the water looked for her tiny little self. Definitely wear shoes that you don't mind wearing wet.

sariana
02-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Okay, here's the real answer: If it's a hot day and you want to cool off, you will barely get grazed by a few drops of water. If it's cool (or cold!) and dreary, you will surely get drenched!