PDA

View Full Version : A little off topic, but men's dress pants recs needed

sbirmantaz
02-04-2014, 11:00 AM
My husband works in research and dress is very casual, jeans and polos. We have a few new events (school related) that he has to dress up for. He already has a couple of blazers (navy and black), but now he needs a nice pair of dress pants. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I want them to be good quality that will last in a classic style that will be fine for years to come. Thanks!

Good point : my dh is short and medium build - wears a 34 x 30... He also doesn't like wool...

lizzywednesday
02-04-2014, 11:08 AM
What's his build like? Different brands are cut differently.

My DH likes Ralph Lauren for two reasons: (1) they carry Big & Tall sizes (he is 6'4" tall and wears a large waist) and (2) we live near an outlet, so he's been able to get killer deals for work pants.

If you could give us a sense of your DH's build - heavy, slim, athletic, etc. - it would be easier to point you to brands/stores.

BabyBearsMom
02-04-2014, 11:12 AM
My DH buys whatever is on sale as far as dress pants go, in fact he has some nice pairs that are Kirkland brand! We look for a fine guage wool, grey or black, flat front (no pleats). Right now, I have been getting his dress pants at Banana Republic but that is mostly because he is very slim/tall and they actually carry pants his size (he wears a 29" waist...I know, I hate him for this too).

Simon
02-06-2014, 05:15 PM
My Dh also seems to like Kirkland. We just bought their jeans this winter. Mostly, Dh wears Lands End pants. They're classic and durable.

Piglet
02-06-2014, 05:47 PM
I had been buying all of DH's clothes until the last few years. He is now a big boy and does his own shopping (YAY). He pretty much exclusively shops at Banana Republic Outlet (with the occasional sale item at Banana Republic ) and Costco. I am the reverse and prefer buying cheaper options that I don't feel have to last for years, as DH has fluctuated in weight a few times and the old pants just sat unworn in the back of the closet. For longer wear/classic styles, I would try Brooks Brothers and Lands End.