PDA

View Full Version : Online photography classes

khalloc
02-05-2014, 08:48 AM
I've taken a digital SLR class before but I've forgotten alot. I have an older Canon XTi SLR and I want to upgrade to either the SL1 or T5i, but DH doesnt think I need too. So I'd like to brush up my SLR skills and learn the manual modes better and how to use my external flash as well. I know people here used to recommend that site Jessica Sprague, but it seems like they have gotten rid of their regular SLR classes. Does anyone have any other online tutorials of classes that you would recommend?

Thanks!

goldenpig
02-05-2014, 10:48 AM
I took a beginner SLR online class at Clickin Moms. They have lots of different levels of classes:
http://www.clickinmoms.com/amember/signup/cmu
The class I took was really good. They had assignments and you would submit your "homework" online and people could comment/critique it or answer questions. I'm too lazy to shoot in manual like I was taught, but if I had more time to devote to it I would try to pick it up again.

blueperidot
02-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Mom and pop photo school Is supposedly great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kcimato
02-05-2014, 06:40 PM
I took all the classes for photography at Jessica Sprague. The instructor, I believe is moving the classes to her own site now. She promised to send us an email once it is complete. Her classes are excellent. I did take one from Clickin moms but I didn't enjoy it as much. Their class prices are much higher. Try Utube , they have all kinds of videos.

khalloc
02-05-2014, 06:46 PM
Thanks. Is the instructor Candice? She was the one I remember people raving about.

kcimato
02-05-2014, 06:48 PM
Yes, Candice Stringham.