PDA

View Full Version : ADT pulse

Chitowngirl
02-05-2014, 01:51 PM
We have an appointment this weekend to have ADT come to the house for an estimate. I really like the option of being able to remotely unlock the door and to know when people are in my house considering multiple people who do not live there have keys (ex the nanny, DH's sister which irks me but that's a whole different story, ect). Anyone have any experience with ADT or another system if they have one that is better? We do get a discount with ADT through our USAA insurance. Any question I need to be sure to ask? Thanks.

flashy09
02-05-2014, 02:12 PM
I really like my ADT. The phone app is great and you can arm or disarm the alarm and see any activity right from the phone. We have had no problems and it's very simple.

lovin2shop
02-05-2014, 02:14 PM
I have a local company, not ADT, but have a the same features and really, really like it. I also have it set so that I get notifications if doors (including our garage doors) are left open for more than a set period of time.

lil_acorn
02-05-2014, 02:24 PM
can someone provide info on costs for initial set up and monthly fees?

Mommy2Abby
02-05-2014, 02:59 PM
We have ADT but opted not to get ADT pulse as I wasn't interested in that feature, and I know it was more expensive per month for the monthly monitoring.

If you are having the system installed new, the one thing I will note is that you should ask about the sensors that they put on the windows and doors and make sure that the size of the standard sensor doesn't prohibit you from tilting windows in to clean and also confirm that it doesn't get in the way of your blinds. I had been an ADT customer for over 10 years at my previous house and had a new system installed when we moved to a different house this summer. The technician installed HUGE wireless sensors on each window and didn't realize that they were so big that when my blinds were closed, they jutted out from the sensor on the window - and the windows themselves couldn't even be opened to tilt in for cleaning. After I made a fuss about it, they agreed to replace them with "slimline" sensors which are so much more attractive and slim! They claimed that normally it is an upcharge for each slimline sensor so they aren't standard and would have had to be specially requested.

Other than that experience, we have been very happy with our ADT system.