PDA

View Full Version : Insufficient Postage

khalloc
02-05-2014, 06:15 PM
This happens to me a couple of times a year. I'm wondering what to do in this situation. Does anyone else get this from their mailman?

I am supposed to have some small package delivered. and the sender sends it out without enough postage. Then it comes to my address and I have to Pay in order to receive the item. WTF? Most recently I bought a Polar Bear cooler on Amazon. It was a $60 cooler, so not exactly cheap. It came with a bottle opener on the zipper. It broke immediately, just from placing the brand new cooler on the kitchen table. So I emailed the company Polar Bear Coolers to ask for a new bottle opener. they respond right away that they will send a replacement out to me. Great (I think)!

then I get a little yellow envelope from my postal delivery person a week later saying that I owe $1.34 on a package from Polar Bear Coolers because THEY put insufficient postage on it. So frustrating. yes, it's only $1.34, and it won't break the bank. But I feel like complaining to this company. I got a faulty item and now I need to pay to get the replacement part? Come On!!!!

wild you email them and complain? Or just suck it up? Maybe this should be in the b!tching section....

BunnyBee
02-05-2014, 06:21 PM
I would complain! That's bad customer service.

indigo99
02-05-2014, 06:52 PM
I would assume it was a mistake since postage just went up. They may have just put the same amount on it as they did with the first box to you or haven't updated their system somehow. Just let them know nicely that you would like a refund in a sort of FYI in case you didn't realize that the postage prices have increased.

HipMama
02-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Yes, say something.

Mommy2Abby
02-05-2014, 07:28 PM
I think that some post offices are more rigorous in their checking of postage due vs. others. When we were in our old house, there were a couple times when I would get larger envelopes or small packages with "postage due" requirements - I once talked with my mailmain about it, and he told me that the guy in our post office "takes his job very seriously" and sends out lots of those! The one time, the mailmain actually told me to dispute it since he knew it wasn't right (I had to go to the post office but it was worth it on principle!).... another time, I paid it and then told the company that had sent the package about it, and they immediately credited me.