PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Party Scheduling

happymommyof2
02-05-2014, 06:57 PM
We are having a birthday for my daughter and inviting the kids from her daycare. There is a birthday party at 10am for another child on the same day as we have scheduled our party which is at 2pm. We have not sent out invites but have received the invite for the other party. Is it awkward to have two parties in a row or should I not worry about it and just send out invites to the same kids? There is a possibility that we may be able to reschedule our party for 4 weeks later.

123LuckyMom
02-05-2014, 07:11 PM
I think you should reschedule. Two parties in one day is tough on little kids and means no family time for those who attend both. If I got two invitations, I think I'd have to choose one over the other.

HipMama
02-05-2014, 07:15 PM
That's tough. If you can easily reschedule I would, otherwise just hope for best!

ilfaith
02-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Last year two little girls from DS3's preschool class had parties on the same day. One was in the late morning, and one was mid-afternoon. There was about a two hour break between them and they were held about 40 minutes away from one another. I would say about 50% of the class went to both parties, 25% attended one or the other, and the other 25% didn't go to either party. Those of us who went to both joked about how it was like a preschool pub crawl or one of those progressive dinner parties. The second party served "adult beverages" for the parents, and we were quite appreciative. It was a long day, and DS3 crashed in the car on the way home from party #2. Actually, he may have conked out in the car on the way to party #2. The party guests were aged 3-5. And both parties had a "Pirates and Princesses" theme.

TwinFoxes
02-05-2014, 08:15 PM
There's no way I'd go to two preschool parties in one day. (But I would have had 2 preschoolers to deal with.) I think you should change. I would go to the one whose invites I got first.

I love the preschool pub-crawl comment. :ROTFLMAO:

SnuggleBuggles
02-05-2014, 08:29 PM
It was super awkward at ds2's party when half of the kids had to dash out to go to another classmate party- a party that half of the kids weren't invited to.

happymommyof2
02-06-2014, 04:22 PM
Thanks so much for all of the replies. Luckily our venue still had the opening 4 weeks later so I rescheduled the party.