PDA

View Full Version : Feeling stressed

petesgirl
02-06-2014, 12:29 PM
I'm 9 days away from a scheduled induction. DS woke up at 6 this morning, cranky and with an awful cold. There goes my hopes of being well rested for labor and now we will most likely be bringing baby home to a sick big brother. Ugh.
DH is scheduled to work a graveyard shift the night before the induction and he refuses to ask for it off which means he will either sleep through the whole labor or be a bear the whole time. Lovely. And he scheduled to have surgery for ingrown toenails 3 days after the baby is due. I told him he better not be expecting me to take care of him!!

lmh2402
02-06-2014, 01:06 PM
hugs, mama. this is a hard time - your body is exhausted, home stretch. try to keep calm and focus on your healthy baby. everything else will hopefully fall into place. Hope your DS feels better!

barkley1
02-06-2014, 05:03 PM
How stressful. That was such a worry of mine, that DS wouldn't be sick when I had dd. Sure enough, grandparents brought him to the hospital with a runny nose :(. Maybe this will be one of those viruses that's 5-7 days instead of 12-14?!?! Hang in there, you'll get through this!

OKKiddo
02-06-2014, 07:15 PM
I'm so sorry. I've been there worrying about all of it at the last minute too. :( In fact, Pink Eye was going around my neighborhood a couple days before giving birth and I was terrified of my boys getting it and giving it to the baby. She was one week old and her brothers got it and she got it two days later--while my DH was out of town for work. It was the easiest treatment they've ever had because I had abundant breast milk that nixed it in everyone without painful, stinging eye drops (as suggested by my CNM). Go figure.

Praying that this virus is a fast one and only a distant memory come time of your birth! I've had pretty good results with the Hyland's Cough and Cold (all natural) with my daughter--and the bonus is that she doesn't fight me on taking it....maybe it will work with you? Fingers crossed!