PDA

View Full Version : Facebook movies? What do you think?

NCGrandma
02-06-2014, 04:50 PM
I'm not quite sure what the point is of Facebook's latest 'feature' but I was surprised to see that some are actually pretty cute. I did see a mention of an 'edit' button to remove some photos, etc., but haven't found it on the iPad FB app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

SnuggleBuggles
02-06-2014, 04:58 PM
I've enjoyed watching them. Mine didn't capture a lot of things but I loved the pictures from way back when ds2 was a baby. :)

lalasmama
02-06-2014, 05:05 PM
Love it! My birthmom has one, and it was fun to see pictures of when we first met, and statuses over the years!

TwinFoxes
02-06-2014, 06:02 PM
I've loved all of the ones I've seen. Mine was pretty representative of me at this point in my life.

I've been on FB for 7 years!!!

elektra
02-06-2014, 06:28 PM
I've enjoyed them too. There is some backlash circulating now as well, but really, if you don't like them, just don't watch them! No need to say how lame or self-involved they are.

mommylamb
02-06-2014, 08:39 PM
I just posted mine. My DH thinks they're annoying and overly sentimental, but I don't care.

maestramommy
02-06-2014, 08:43 PM
I got misty seeing mine, and I've enjoyed watching my friends' videos :)

carolinacool
02-06-2014, 09:17 PM
I love mine. I went into a mini freakout Tuesday night because after I shared it, I saw I had two and when I deleted one, they both went away. FB fixed the problem today and I'm so glad to have it back. I actually saved the mp4 file from my cache.

I really like the music, which I think adds to me getting misty. I've seen the complaints, too, and those people can jump off a cliff, as far as I'm concerned. LOL To me, this is the essence of Facebook - not a bunch of memes and games and political rants. Well done, Zuck!

KLD313
02-06-2014, 09:23 PM
I don't like mine because almost all of the pics are of DD and there's nothing of DS. I watched a couple peoples and skip the ones I don't care about. I've seen a couple pretty heated posts about them. Yes, they're filling up my newsfeed but so does a lot of other stuff. I don't mind.

BabyBearsMom
02-06-2014, 09:30 PM
I love them. It really made me think about how fast my girls are growing up and it also made me grateful for this record that I have of their childhood. I'm not good with the baby book but this is a record of their lives.

TwinFoxes
02-06-2014, 09:59 PM
I've seen a couple pretty heated posts about them. Yes, they're filling up my newsfeed but so does a lot of other stuff. I don't mind.

Wow, seriously? I've only seen nice comments. I'd rather see these movies than any "post this on your status if you blah blah. 98% of FB users won't have the guts" type posts.

KLD313
02-06-2014, 10:05 PM
Wow, seriously? I've only seen nice comments. I'd rather see these movies than any "post this on your status if you blah blah. 98% of FB users won't have the guts" type posts.

Me too, but yes there have been fights about them. It's kind of ridiculous. I've seen articles on the pro side and articles agai a them and friends are posting them back and forth to prove their point.

twowhat?
02-06-2014, 10:35 PM
I made mine and watched it but didn't post it. Mine was rather boring compared to my friends (haha) since I pretty much joined FB when I was preggo so it's alllll about the kids. However, FB picked an awesome pic for the "You joined FB in XXXX" opening - it was one where I was about 36 weeks preggo and I looked RIDICULOUS. I was kind of in awe at how CRAZY HUGE I was...really not sure how I was even standing!

I have enjoyed watching others though!!

candaceb
02-07-2014, 12:00 AM
I love them. I sat at the computer last night watching one after another. And re-watched my own more times than I care to admit.

s7714
02-07-2014, 12:33 AM
Haven't watched a single one and don't plan to. Just not my type of thing.

AnnieW625
02-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Mine was cute but I didn't share it. I watched a few if my close family and friends.

♥ms.pacman♥
02-07-2014, 03:58 PM
I love them. It really made me think about how fast my girls are growing up and it also made me grateful for this record that I have of their childhood. I'm not good with the baby book but this is a record of their lives.
:yeahthat: i loved seeing them all.. i like how most people's started with just them and their spouse, then came baby pics, then toddler, preschooler, etc. sort of like a scrapbook. i thought it was sweet. i can't believe ppl are getting upset over them!

i wish dh would share his..it was cute too and had some cute nb pics of ds.

Tenasparkl
02-07-2014, 04:26 PM
There's now an option where you can select pictures and status updates from several options. My movie had so much more of DS than DD and some bizarre random pics so IMO this is much better!

citymama
02-07-2014, 08:08 PM
There's now an option where you can select pictures and status updates from several options. My movie had so much more of DS than DD and some bizarre random pics so IMO this is much better!

How do you do that? Mine was lame - I know that my brand newborn pic of dd2 was my most popular post ever but it wasn't included - but there were 3 pics of some random road sighs I once posted on vacation! My film was so lame after 7 years and hundreds of photos shared on FB. I'd love to fix it, even though I don't plan to share it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jam224
02-07-2014, 08:43 PM
How do you do that? Mine was lame - I know that my brand newborn pic of dd2 was my most popular post ever but it wasn't included - but there were 3 pics of some random road sighs I once posted on vacation! My film was so lame after 7 years and hundreds of photos shared on FB. I'd love to fix it, even though I don't plan to share it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/lookback/edit/

NCGrandma
02-07-2014, 09:32 PM
Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/lookback/edit/

Thank you, thank you! I had looked unsuccessfully for how to do this. Now, thanks to you, my movie has even more cute DGD pics and fewer random boring shots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)