PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your favorite Cape Cod campground

wellyes
02-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Trying to plan a frugal trip to the Cape this summer & would love campground suggestions!
We have a popup camper and don't do hookups. So, tent camping places would be fine, but not a place strictly for RVs.
Thanks!

lil_acorn
02-06-2014, 05:17 PM
Nickerson state park is nice and would be inexpensive. You would need to book through Parks America (or something like that). But they do fill up fast! Brewster is a great location and great beaches for kids as the tides go way out and it's fun to explore. Also close to Chatham and Provincetown as a day trip is very doable.

Simon
02-06-2014, 05:20 PM
We spent several nights at Nickerson state part in a tent a few years ago. I basically stalked spots on the web site until I could get as many as I needed. We went in August and the weather was okay, with rain one day. The location worked well for us as we went to the National Seashore (Marconi) and out to Chapin bay plus a few towns. We would stay there again.

wellyes
02-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Thanks, I forgot to say, we do go to Nickerson almost every year! It's lovely and in a great location. It's just REALLY hard to get a reservation there. It books up the instant it's available. So I am looking for a private camp alternative.

erv917
02-06-2014, 08:36 PM
We stayed at this campground in Eastham a few years ago and were pretty happy with it:

https://atlanticoaks.com/

Good luck!