PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried TRX?

cilantromapuche
02-07-2014, 09:17 AM
They just started offering it and I like the idea of it but it also seems like something you have to be super fit and motivated to do. Which is not me these days. Sigh.

cvanbrunt
02-07-2014, 09:38 AM
Yup. If it is just a TRX class it is straight up strength training. I do an hour long TRX/HIIT cardio class that exhausts me. It is what you make it.

cuca_
02-07-2014, 01:55 PM
I do TRX and love it. I agree with PP that it is what you make of it. You can use as much or as little body weight as you want depending on how you position your body. You certainly don't have to be super fit to do TRX. When I started a couple of years ago I had no core strength and could barely hold a plank. You can modify most things and take it at your own pace.

vtmom
02-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Yes! I love it so much we got one for home. I started because I had NO core strength left after three kids. It has really helped. I take class every so often and try to use it at home twice a week even if it is just for 20 minutes.

TwinFoxes
02-08-2014, 10:08 PM
Our gym has the equipment, which I really like using. I've never done a class. I feel like it helps me do things like squats properly.

TwinFoxes
02-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Yes! I love it so much we got one for home. I started because I had NO core strength left after three kids. It has really helped. I take class every so often and try to use it at home twice a week even if it is just for 20 minutes.

I had no idea there was a home version! Good for you. :thumbsup:

vtmom
02-08-2014, 10:19 PM
Yes. I think its the same as what's in a gym but you attach it to a hook that you have to install into a ceiling stud at home. Like most "techniques" a class with a good instructor is great for making sure your form is correct.

nfowife
02-10-2014, 03:20 PM
I have taken a straght TRX class (so just strength) and more often take a combo bootcamp interval class where TRX exercises are used in the rotation. I prefer the mixed interval class but I do like TRX. It's funny because I moved here (NH) this past summer from the midwest (OK) and had never heard of TRX until I got here but it is super popular at all the gyms here. I like it, and it is definitely as challenging as you make it. Try it!