PDA

View Full Version : Travel carseat recs? Not Cosco Scenera.

rin
02-09-2014, 12:34 AM
We're planning to take a family vacation in late March to the Caribbean. We'll be renting a car, and will be doing several day trips involving a few hours of driving at a time (probably up to 2-3 hours).

We've used a Cosco Scenera for our travel seat for both DDs, but on our last trip we realized that DD2 is now very uncomfortable in the seat. We'd like to get her a new travel seat.

Criteria:

*comfortable!
*easy to install
*not too expensive (under $100 would be ideal)

I'm not too concerned with weight, since we'd probably just leave it in its shipping box and check it through, so I don't really care how heavy it is.

DD2 will be 21 months old at the time of our trip, and I'm guessing around 27 or 28 lbs and maybe 33 or 34 inches tall. She rides RF in a Radian at home, but I do not want to bring that carseat with us (it's a total PITA to travel with, IMO).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for any ideas that come to mind!!

GoBlue
02-09-2014, 12:38 AM
Love our Evenflo Maestro for travel. I let kids faces forward when traveling even if still RF at home.

Enjoy your trip!!!!

MamaMolly
02-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Our travel seat is the Cosco, with a Radian at home. ;) so I can't offer much help there. I just wanted to mention that if you do leave it in the box just make sure that you open the box and check the seat out first, just in case. I've read the occasional rant where someone's bought a 'new' seat only to discover it was a return.

flashy09
02-09-2014, 09:52 AM
Safety 1st Guide 65. Light, compact, comfortable, cheap and she can RF